PDA

View Full Version : Airline based in Manchester

Kolino
14th Mar 2013, 12:46
Hi guys!
Any idea which is the airline, based in Manchester or Leeds, looking for B737-300 captains? It offers a summer contract starting in April.
Any info is appreciated.

Livesinafield
14th Mar 2013, 12:53
I would suspect Jet2

Regards

Facelookbovvered
14th Mar 2013, 14:33
I think you'll find its Jet2 is any UK airline other Jet2 & BA flying classics in the UK?

The Dead Side
14th Mar 2013, 14:38
I think you'll find its Jet2 is any UK airline other Jet2 & BA flying classics in the UK?

Titan and TNT also operate classics, although they're not based in Manchester and Leeds!

Jet2 is a good shout.

Firestorm
14th Mar 2013, 16:43
I asked and it was confirmed as Jet Two.

Kolino
14th Mar 2013, 19:22
Many thanks to all of you guys!
They are offering this contract through the "Line Up aviation" agency. Probably is much better to apply directly to the airline. Any comments about the agency?

Firestorm
14th Mar 2013, 20:56
I don't know why they are going through Line Up this time: Line Up more usually recruit maintenance personnel. You could try going direct, but Jet Two use agency crews for short term seasonal contracts, usually Zenon, rather than employing direct. Zenon were advertising for crews for Jet Two a week or two ago. The choice is yours.

dwshimoda
14th Mar 2013, 21:48
...on:

It's Jet2 or more properly Jet2.com - never Jet Two.

Pedant mode off.

(Edited to add: and yes - the contract is for Jet2.com)

matkat
15th Mar 2013, 06:33
Worked for line up (Engineering) one of the better agencies.

RHINO
17th Mar 2013, 10:49
Anybody know what they are offering?

StopStart
17th Mar 2013, 16:11
I think they're offering 70% contracts for DEC to cover the busy summer season. Captain basic is about £76k plus sector & duty pay.

I'd apply direct rather than going through an agency.

A and C
19th Mar 2013, 17:26
I have had a call from Zenon recently trying to recruit me for the jet2 job, this was a bit of a surprise as I have not been seeking work for over a year.

I think it could be a reflection of a Captain shortage in the market if they find it necessary to trawl that far back in the the records to try to find pilots.

The other thing is the Jet2 remuneration seems to be a little light.

Shaman
19th Mar 2013, 19:16
My last flight was 4 years ago. I don't suppose they would be willing to relax the MUST have flown in the last 2 years requirement......

A and C
20th Mar 2013, 15:26
I Think that they just might !

Current thinking is that Jet2 had the attitude that they would pick up a lot of people from BMI baby and a lot of the contractors they had laid of for the winter would come back.

So the fleet is going through an expansion with a few more aircraft turning up.

The problem is that a few of the contractors who have been laid off have found other work and more than a few of the BMI baby guys who had got the Jet2 job as a safety net decided that there is a better future with another airline that is setting up a UK base.

Kolino
20th Mar 2013, 18:02
Probably they accept direct applications for long term contracts only and via contractor agencies for the summer time.