PDA

View Full Version : Defence Focus March 2013

CoffmanStarter
13th Mar 2013, 19:47
For those interested the March 2013 issue of Defence Focus has just been posted on the MOD Public Website ...

Defence Focus March 2013 (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/141693/DF_MARCH_2013_ISSUE_268.pdf)

Some might get a bit nostalgic when they see the map on page 4 ... Follows on from Courtney's thread.

Sadly still no sight of Air Clues :(

Coff.

Martin the Martian
13th Mar 2013, 21:06
After taking a look through it I am now of the opinion that we have an army, a much smaller navy and no air force at all.

Oh, I tell a lie. There is an image of an airwoman on the advert for pensions.

Courtney Mil
9th Apr 2013, 10:54
Hmm. Can I be a little sceptical about a rag where the closing words of the editorial are:

actually change is all around us. Now, go and give it a big hug.

Oh dear.

CoffmanStarter
9th Apr 2013, 12:53
Don't worry Courtney ...

Page 4 Editors Notes ... Left hand grey box ...

Opinions expressed in Defence Focus do not necessarily represent those of the MOD. :E

Coff.

Courtney Mil
9th Apr 2013, 13:57
Well, the way I see it:

Opinions expressed in Defence Focus do not necessarily represent those of the MOD.

I still means this bit could. Even if they don't, it still worries me that they would let someone write that in a rag targeted (by the looks of it) mainly at squadies. I can almost hear the reception by the guys in Afghanistan.

"What a :mad: load of old :mad: :mad: What the :mad: do they think that's supposed to :mad: mean?"

CoffmanStarter
9th Apr 2013, 15:10
I can well appreciate how it would be received :E

It was the irony of the MOD text that made me smile ...

dervish
9th Apr 2013, 16:08
It's a real mixed bag isn't it? Some quite interesting articles, then I read the one on "Urban Warrior". Deja Vu! I thought, that's where we were in the late 90s. Then DEC cancelled the programme. Our own version of the French facility was due to open in 2003. I'll wager QinetiQ and dstl are being paid heaps and all they're doing is updating 15 year old reports. :mad:

charliegolf
9th Apr 2013, 16:10
So there isn't actually going to be a march in support of the shrinking armed forces then? Might be more fruitful than a mag.

CG