PDA

View Full Version : Qantarse pilots at Ek

Morwheus
13th Mar 2013, 17:40
Hello mates

Heard a rumour that some of the Qantarse pilots who recently joined Emirates are having trouble passing the EK training requirements. :ugh:

Heard another rumour that one of the so called professionals began crying at a meeting with training management over his average performance in the simulator. :D

"come on Aussie come on come on"

:}

ManaAdaSystem
13th Mar 2013, 19:19
Why? If it's true, does it please you?

Phantom Driver
13th Mar 2013, 20:39
Old quote--"What's a well balanced Australian? One with a chip on both shoulders". (Sorry!)

KBPsen
13th Mar 2013, 20:56
You can fail anyone if you want to. Being average seems like a good place to be, unless you confuse average with mediocre. But then I guess you are less than average in the language department..

ODMEA
13th Mar 2013, 21:27
Is that why Ive heard that there are those EK pilots who screen the flight crew before sending their families off for a short break with EK itself?

QF pilots are some of the most respected and in demand in the world. I doubt you are a pilot and if so a QF / EK reject.

Lord Spandex Masher
13th Mar 2013, 21:40
QF pilots are some of the most respected and in demand in the world

They are? He he he. Well I don't want one and I don't know anybody who does.

:rolleyes:

virginexcess
13th Mar 2013, 22:06
QF pilots are some of the most respected and in demand in the world. I doubt you are a pilot and if so a QF / EK reject.

Experienced? You're feckin kidding aren't you.

Hours don't equate to experience when you are talking about the EK operation.

Sure, in the sheltered workshop of Oz aviation they are relatively experienced, but on a glibal scale...................nah!

pilotday
13th Mar 2013, 22:40
Aussie 'back-chat' and 'attitude' a problem - Emirates 24/7 (http://www.emirates247.com/sports/cricket/aussie-back-chat-and-attitude-a-problem-2013-03-13-1.498430)

Morwheus
14th Mar 2013, 01:02
I think the red rat jocks have realised that EK pilots actually work for a living. Going Sydney to LA twice a month is not real job. The Pacific is a old mans route in a four holer.

They have ruined their own company with their unions and old school attitudes and they think the can change EK by crying!!!! What a bunch of transsexuals. :{

See you all at your favourite pedicure stall in Singapore ladies:D

:ugh:

D'pirate
14th Mar 2013, 01:43
So again no need to 'divide and conquer' pilot groups-we do it so well ourselves :yuk:

scandistralian
14th Mar 2013, 04:29
Its been a bit quiet on the Airbus v Boeing front, so some clown decides to reignite the good old bash an Aussie theme....

@Morwheus, Its not your fault your not an Austranaut, not everyone makes the cut buddy... unrucky!

oz in dxb
14th Mar 2013, 05:19
Morwheus. GROW UP!

donpizmeov
14th Mar 2013, 06:18
At least we know that Morwheus is not management, as they normally attempt to hide the fact that they are dipsh#ts.

The Don

falconeasydriver
14th Mar 2013, 07:48
Guys, Morph is probably called Bruce and most likely originated in Tasmania, and used to work for young Reginald before those naughty singaporean investment bankers and airline across the duutch ruined it all :E

flaphandlemover
14th Mar 2013, 11:20
What a pathetic insaulting post... Close and delete the threat...

Rosso Noche
14th Mar 2013, 11:52
The sad thing is that one of your colleagues has struggled with his training and the best you can do is trash him because of his previous employer. I have seen the same on other threads regarding ex Ryanair pilots. These guys were selected against EK criteria when many were not. You may not agree with the criteria or the effect that it has on you yet it is what it is and they are now EK employees. These guys are your colleagues. It is an Emirates pilot who has struggled with his training, not a Qantas/Ryanair/whoever pilot.

Maybe you should support your colleague instead of attacking him when he is down. From my experience those who display the behaviour that you have alleged of this person usually have a lot more going on behind the scenes than just work. None of us (especially in this industry) are immune from this or the potential for it to impact on our ability to do our jobs. If the posters on this thread actually work in this industry then they would understand that regardless of who we work for we have to look out for each other because nobody else will.

As far as any particular airline or nationality being in demand or not; every airline will have great, average & $h!thouse pilots and every airline (insert: any job, any industry) will have the 5% rule. That is 5% will be w@nkers/lazy/argumentative/have a chip on their shoulder and that 5% will always give others a bad name.

The worst part about this thread is I bet the original poster doesn't even know this person. Doesn't know what their story is or whether they are a decent person or not. They heard a rumour about an airline/nationality they held prejudices towards and they couldn't wait to share a colleagues pain with the rest of jworld... PATHETIC. I hope I never have to work with you!

Mister Warning
14th Mar 2013, 12:20
You guys are a giggle.... :D

ramius315
15th Mar 2013, 07:07
Morwheus,

Every ex-QF guy who has passed EK selection has subsequently passed the training in the minimum required period. Ie no hiccups.

That includes the ex QF DECs, most who are now checked to line.

All are enjoying the EK environment, and don't have the mythical 'I'm a QF pilot' mentality that is falsely spread by a very small number of indiduals who seem to wish they were and believed they should have been, but alas never were.

Your post demonstrates precisely the attitude that makes this industry such a crap one to work in.

Get a life!

Twinotterguy
15th Mar 2013, 07:32
Learn to respect the airline first, its bringing food to plates of thousands of people.

Morwheus
15th Mar 2013, 08:02
opps

Did I say Qantas ..........I meant Easy Jet :}

:E

Swan Man
19th Mar 2013, 06:56
A-380, why don't you tell us what glorious airline you worked for and what drugs you are taking to think you are working at a good airline.
flying the A-330 and you think you have the Life of Reilly. Get a life!

box
19th Mar 2013, 07:17
easyJet? Why would anybody leave Europe to go that place?

vfenext
19th Mar 2013, 08:16
Hey Box, maybe this might explain the exodus of pilots to EK. BTW these are your words not mine!!
No guaranteed hours or money, not guaranteed any work at all.

Charged for Uniform.

No staff travel.

No notice of base transfers required.

3 months notice period, even though on random rosters and no work guaranteed.

There are significant concerns of cadets going bankrupt. Some cadets already have court dates. Current payments for most cadets is £1200 a month. Banks are no longer prepared to defer or take reduced payments any longer. With no guaranteed hours cadets cant be sure of making payments each month.

Safety issues. BALPA have raised cadets distracted due outside stresses mainly financial. With no minimum income and transfers likely, guys will be left struggling with accommodation which they can neither commit to or afford. Some of the FOs are already completing long commutes before work and sleeping on the floor of other FOs houses, in their cars, or on the crew room floor already. There are at least 3 cadets that I am aware of on anti-depressants, due to the stress they are experiencing. This is simply unacceptable and absolutely must be brought to an end.

Commercial issues arise of how the image of the airline may be damaged with bankrupt FOs and the lowest terms and conditions in the industry.

EasyJet already seem to be taking advantage of the situation. LGW FOs are reduced down to now averaging between 20-30 hours next month (£1290 best case scenario before tax), which is not even enough to make the loan/bond repayments. Everyone also seems to be doing a lot of positioning.

Cadets are currently attempting to stand together and refuse terms and conditions. They desperately need the support of the greater work force. Through guys challenging managers at SEP, and sharing the information so this becomes an issue that needs tackling this can be successfully fought. We need guys to petition BALPA to become more involved. This is an issue that affects the entire pilot workforce. While Andy Harrison talks of pilot re-engagement substantially more than 10% of our pilots are living on starvation wages and facing financial extinction. This is simply not acceptable and needs to be addressed urgently. This is the number one issue at easyJet and makes rostering issues etc pale into insignificance.

neville_nobody
19th Mar 2013, 09:35
Given the high number of major incidents QF has survived, 10 engine failures, explosive decompression, damaged aircraft, total electrical failure, I somehow think standards might just be ok.

vfenext
19th Mar 2013, 12:28
10 engine failures, explosive decompression, damaged aircraft, total electrical failure, I somehow think standards might just be ok.
Yeah those engineering guys really deserve a slap on the back.

neville_nobody
19th Mar 2013, 23:36
To be fair it not the fault of engineers. QF had a world leading engine shop which some genius thought was to expensive. They closed it and in the following 18 months they had at least 10 engine failures. In all cases the pilots got them home safely. I believe they had the longest TBO in the world at one stage.

stealthpilot
1st Apr 2013, 11:29
A nationality perpetuating this myth that ozzie pilots are pedantic .... more like which nationality is not :confused:
Not that I agree with it, flown with enough Aussie chaps who were great- havnt come across a bad apple yet but hey that's the reputation, spread by most not just one nationality.