PDA

View Full Version : Where to obtain ferry work for airliners

oicur12.again
13th Mar 2013, 17:12
hey all,

I am trying to get involved in ferry work for airline aircraft such as 737/A320/A330.

I have contacted PARC but I get the feeling its not a big part of their business.

Can anybody point me in the direction of a company that is involved in utilizing part time crew for ferry flights?

regards

silverknapper
13th Mar 2013, 18:58
I'm no expert but do most airlines not do it themselves? The ones i know do. Repos apart obviously.

FlightPathOBN
13th Mar 2013, 19:29
Google it!

parabellum
13th Mar 2013, 23:32
Collecting new aircraft from the factory is usually a 'perk'of the training department, from my experience, as they also do an acceptance air test and they like to have an experienced FO with them or another training captain.

Reposessions etc. often carried out by still current crew from the failed company, who are engaged on a job by job basis, by the administrators.

The only ferry work I have seen up for grabs is single engine across the Atlantic or Pacific, not what you are looking for!

go around flaps15
14th Mar 2013, 00:26
In FR it is usually two skippers who go to Seattle to collect new aircraft.

oicur12.again
14th Mar 2013, 02:15
thanks all for the help.

flightpath obn, yep, tried google and found several companies that SAY they ferry aircraft but dont really and several that dont respond to emails. I thought maybe some folk here on pprune would have a better understanding of the market than me.

Dan Winterland
14th Mar 2013, 02:57
It's usually done by the airline themselves or the manufacturer.

FlightPathOBN
14th Mar 2013, 15:37
understood, was just givin you a time....I see that Boeing does quite a bit of ferry work, at least between Everett and the paint shop, but to other locations as well.

This is an interesting blog..

Interview: Alex Haynes, Ferry Pilot | Oddball Pilot (http://oddballpilot.com/2011/05/interview-alex-haynes-ferry-pilot/)