PDA

View Full Version : Compatible printer cartridges CanonMG5260 (CLI-526)

BOAC
13th Mar 2013, 13:23
Just had a heart attack looking at the price of 'Original' Canons:eek: Can anyone recommend reliable good quality compatibles?

Milo Minderbinder
13th Mar 2013, 21:00
If you Google the CLI number they look cheap enough
Loads of people on Amazon quoting them, and as a rule Canon OEM cartridges are about the cheapest you'll find

Just how high are your heart attack prices?

BOAC
13th Mar 2013, 21:21
5 cartridges in the machine and I see a pack of 3 at £33 on Amazon, with the 'big' black tank plus another black to come.

Milo Minderbinder
13th Mar 2013, 21:37
try looking a bit harder

Canon CLI-526 Inkjet Cartridge Page Life 1349pp Cyan/Magenta/Yellow Multipack Ref 4541B006: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products

Canon PGI525 Black & CLI526 Cyan Magenta Yellow Black Ink Cartridge For iP485...: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products

Canon CLI526 Ink Cartridges - 4 Colour Canon CLI-526 Printer Cartridge Multipack (http://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/CLI-526-PACK.html)

and more elsewhere

jimtherev
13th Mar 2013, 22:56
Have a Canon 5250; always buy compatibles from IJT; seldom use the inkjet, but never (touch wood) had jets dry up, and am very happy with colour rendition (only use it for photographs - the lazer is used for all other colour printing.) Use compats from IJT direct - have done for years.

Cameronian
14th Mar 2013, 19:09
Someone suggested diluted iso-propanol for cleaning blocked jets. When I announced that I was finding it hard to get I was recommended to Poundland's spray bathroom cleaner (being, apparently, one of very few current products still containing iso-propanol) and it worked! I used it to clean the inkpad that the head parked into, by spraying and then blotting it, then dosed the pad up again and left the head parked in it overnight. Then alternating "test" and "clean" a couple of times did the trick. There are lots of sites advising on the technique but I found that the key part was the dilute isopropanol (5%) in the Poundland spray.

Caveat - don't blame me if it goes pear-shaped on you etc. etc. but my philosophy was that I was stuffed anyway if I didn't try it. It certainly worked for me.

A A Gruntpuddock
14th Mar 2013, 19:24
Just google inkjet cleaner - dozens of hits.

Loads on ebay as well.

vulcanised
14th Mar 2013, 20:38
7dayshop.com are usually quite good on price for originals and compatibles.

BOAC
14th Mar 2013, 22:12
Thanks all for those. I have decided to try some 'recommended' compats on the 3 colours I will need soon and see.

P.Pilcher
15th Mar 2013, 16:19
Ever since I decided to swap my trusty but worn out epson colour photoprinter with it's 5 colour inks plus black for a Canon pixma ip4700 printer I have used refillable cartridges and from the same supplier bottles of BS standard colour Canon type ink. During the 3 year life of the printer where it was used for everyday printing and making stunning colour prints I never had a problem and think I had to use the jet clean facility about twice in that period. This contrasted to the Epson having to be put through a cleaning cycle just about every time I wanted to do photo printing.
Canon are aware that their printing heads may not last the life of the printer and make replacing same dead easy. The only problem is that a replacement head costs £50, and a brand new Canon Pixma IP4900 costs £55!
Whether I made the correct decision or not I will never know, but assuming that other parts of the IP 4700 were wearing out and that the same may apply to my refillable cartridges, I opted for the new printer. This necessitated a new set of refillable cartridges, but filling these was even easier than those used by the IP 4700. The new printer is working superbly, producing photo prints of similar quality to its predecessor.
Each cartridge costs approximately 50p to refill!

P.P.

bcgallacher
15th Mar 2013, 17:00
Refill the damn things for next to nothing - you can buy 250ml bottles of ink on the internet very cheaply.All you really need is a syringe with a large bore needle. Some manufacturers cartridges cannot be refilled as the chip is programmed not to allow it - suggest topping up before empty.