PDA

View Full Version : GCAA Factoring?

fringhtok
13th Mar 2013, 06:33
Have now heard the rumour several times that the GCAA is no longer going to allow factoring of flight times on ULR flights. Anyone else heard of this? If true, hiring and upgrade numbers will be up for a major review........

Wizofoz
13th Mar 2013, 08:59
Heard the rumor, apparently because EASA has said it is non- compliment.

SubsonicMortal
13th Mar 2013, 09:34
Non-compliment?

camel_hump
13th Mar 2013, 09:41
Think he meant 'non-compliant' :ok:

Wizofoz
13th Mar 2013, 15:14
Freaking Auto-correct!

Still, it never WAS much of a compliment- more of a bloody insult!!

Wizofoz
25th Mar 2013, 08:36
JUST the state of the rumor mill, but what I've heard is EK will be given 18 mths to comply.
Going to mean a substantial increase in recruiting over the next little while.

kuchemann carrots
25th Mar 2013, 09:46
Does anybody know if this will also affect the QCAA (Qatar)? Here's hoping!

The Guru
25th Mar 2013, 10:13
Have heard the rumor as well from the usual sources, and in my opinion Wiz is correct!

Apart from LHS Airbus who are working hard, there seems to be a lot of applicants holding in the recruiting pipeline, the numbers of DEFO going to the A380 have been reduced for the coming year, there are a lot of A330/340 FOs who are on minimum hours, and there are not many MFF CCQ courses planned. Some of the trainers are being given part time, so there really looks like is an operational slow down for at least the short term. Obviously, if the planned delivery schedule for 2014 goes ahead, then it will change this picture completely.

But for now it does make perfect sense to get the terminal infrastructure (Concourse B??) built and the runways repaired now, and also redistribute the workforce with some internal training to meet the shortfall on the Boeing.

Just my two cents.....

X-BleedOpen
25th Mar 2013, 12:41
The Guru,

how are you? I'm one of the guys in the hold pool for "theoretically" DEFO A380 position. They initially talked about Sept/October for us, but I still see a possibility for us to end up on the A330.

What info have you got on the FOs HoldPool? I can't wait to be there, and the wait is being very long! As far as I know the airbus hold pool was empty until my group of airbus experienced guys joined it at the end of Feb.

Any info will be very much appreciated.

thanks!

fatbus
25th Mar 2013, 14:18
I've heard @ 250 additional pilots 2013/14 to cover off the shot fall.

The Guru
25th Mar 2013, 16:55
XBleed,

The FOs Hold Pool is managed by HR, who get advice from the workforce planners. HR are still doing roadshows, interviews and testing, so the hold pool is constantly being reviewed.

Workforce planning are aware of the imbalance between the Airbus/Boeing/A380 rates of effort, and re-distributing internally off the shrinking fleet, is just one method that might be used to address the Boeing/A380 shortfall and the factoring issue.

From a company perspective, delaying you until Sep/Oct would make sense if there was a priority for internal training, or the aircraft which you were being allocated were not delivering until early next year.

I don't know much, however when you do get a call to join, I can almost guarantee that you will be flying out of Dubai, on international routes, in a wide-body, with Emirates livery. Good luck.

White Knight
25th Mar 2013, 21:49
I've heard @ 250 additional pilots 2013/14 to cover off the shot fall.

Bye bye payrise................................................

fliion
26th Mar 2013, 07:39
Whitey - true that.

But QOL goes up. At this rate - no way do Boeing skippers make it to retirement in any decent shape...

Our arcses alone on the Boeing seat!!!!!

f.

CR9
26th Mar 2013, 11:30
Is factoring going away? YES its is. However, nothing is going to change schedule wise for the most part as the yearly hours will be going to 1,000 a year.

falconeasydriver
26th Mar 2013, 15:42
Is factoring going away? YES its is. However, nothing is going to change schedule wise for the most part as the yearly hours will be going to 1,000 a year.

If true, I don't agree at all, as a lot of us are averaging well over 1000hrs without factoring, yes another 100 hrs equates to a month..but I'm fairly confident that if this comes to fruition it will result in a reduction of Flight duty time, in my case by about 7% based on last year.

fatbus
27th Mar 2013, 04:34
Are the EASA FTL 's 900 /year? If so and if EK aligns themselves with EASA,which I think they will, QOL might improve a bit.

GoreTex
27th Mar 2013, 05:29
I think the A330 is the best fleet to be on, I spend every day in my own bed

fatbus
27th Mar 2013, 06:07
What are you doing out of bed then?

Kapitanleutnant
27th Mar 2013, 07:14
I'd think EK would fight this tooth and nail to the bitter end because current rostering etc gives EK such an advantage over most if not all European carriers.
And if they lose, could EK not simply go to a 1000 hours? I'd think it would get most of the line pilots a few more hard flying hours, much to their delight and the pilots demise.

Also heard a question asked recently at wash-up about this. Answer: No, it wasn't happening. Who knows....

K

nakbin330
27th Mar 2013, 14:59
It's already in the regs, effective 01 Feb 2013.

1000 hours is not happening, allegedly.

LongLander
27th Mar 2013, 20:22
recently at wash-up about this. Answer: No, it wasn't happening.

Did you hear this at a wash-up?
Was it management talking?
Were they addressing pilots?
Were their lips moving?

If the answer to any of the above is yes, then they were lying.

ex-380, I think goretex was employing irony in his comment; you need to get more sleep!

helen-damnation
29th Mar 2013, 11:03
The 330/340 schedules probably wouldn't give the opportunity, the penguin fleet will eventually as they get more routes/aircraft so it's the battery boys who are at risk for now.

With the present mix I don't think I could safely fly 1000 EK hours a year, factored or not :O

helen-damnation
1st Apr 2013, 04:36
And...
The 777 surplus summer leave is no longer available. Coincidence?

GoreTex
1st Apr 2013, 20:24
spot on longlander :}