PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseating on US airlines??

Si
20th Jul 2001, 11:28
Hi,

Whats the current policy on being allowed a jumpseat ride with any of the American Airlines, i'm flying NW to the states soon and just wondered if it would be worth giving it a go?

Cheers

Ennie
20th Jul 2001, 13:11
There just arn't enough people asking this question these days!, just ask when you get on the aircraft. Flying Northwest hey, hope your well prepared! :D

Vortex what...ouch!
20th Jul 2001, 13:38
I don't think it is the fact that people don't ask, I have found Cabin Crew can't be bothered. Everytime I ask I am told they are too busy. Easyjet always tell me the flight is too short, London Amsterdam, and therefore the pilots don't want you there. I am flying with them tonight but I bet the answer is the same :(

Polar_stereographic
20th Jul 2001, 14:01
I'm afraid IIRC, the FAA prohibit cockpit visits, unlike the CAA for a change.

A good reason (maybe the only one) to fly the flag.

PS

scroggs
20th Jul 2001, 19:07
Flight deck visits are illegal on FAA-registered public-transport aircraft. You will not get in! Jumpseats are offered to airline staff belonging to US airlines party to the industry jumpseat agreement, which allows an individual to travel on production of an ID card.

TR4A
21st Jul 2001, 00:22
I fly for Southwest Airlines. You have to be working for a airline and your company has to be on our jumpseat list. The FAA, Inspectors and Air Traffic Control, can ride also. We would love to have foriegn carriers but our FAA will not allow that. When I was with Pan Am we had foriegn carriers on our list.

On the ground you are welcome to come up to the cockpit. We lock the door from takeoff to landing.