PDA

View Full Version : P Type Oxygen Mask

alexis_lambert
13th Mar 2013, 00:21
I have a new mask & when I took the connector off the end of the hose a length of nylon cord dropped out. It is attached to a point in the mask. Does anyone know the purpose of it?

chute packer
13th Mar 2013, 00:41
To prevent the hose being stretched to the point where the sides suck in and restrict flow.

Top Bunk Tester
13th Mar 2013, 00:41
It stops you over stretching the rubber hose. What connector was it? I'm looking for an MC-3A/1 hose connector if anyone has one lying around.

Courtney Mil
13th Mar 2013, 08:58
It makes the mask better for doing elephant impressions.

teeteringhead
13th Mar 2013, 09:56
It makes the mask better for doing elephant impressions. .... nah! Don't need a mask . . . just empty trouser pockets! :E

Sandy Parts
13th Mar 2013, 10:04
is it a snot-string? (as allegedly used by those stalwarts of the submarine service - the diesel crews. Hung near the hatch for going 'up-top' - every time you got to see the sky - add a bogey to the string and a 'beer-chit' to the box below. Once back in port at end of patrol, the by-now naan bread sized 'snot-flake' would be scoffed by someone to win the kitty - mmmm!:uhoh:)

Courtney Mil
13th Mar 2013, 10:55
Please tell me that's not true.

Wensleydale
13th Mar 2013, 11:01
It would stick in Sharky's beard!

Tashengurt
13th Mar 2013, 12:43
I'm eating my lunch!

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

Sandy Parts
13th Mar 2013, 13:34
must be true - a submariner told me (ex-Upholder class crew) - that was the least offensive story he passed on! Someday someone will write a book about those guys..in the meantime, I can recommend 'Blind Man's Buff' by Shelly Sontag (sp?). Anyhoo, back to O2 masks...:)

CoffmanStarter
13th Mar 2013, 13:45
Masks available here :E

Gentlemen's Masks (http://www.mart-aviation.co.uk/P%20&%20Q%20Oxygen%20masks.htm)

Tashengurt
13th Mar 2013, 15:49
£150 a pop! For something made from c stores. If only I'd known!

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

dragartist
13th Mar 2013, 23:32
Alexis, If you were issued such kit to use why do you feel the need to take it to bits to see how it works? this really is kit your life depends upon. take it to your squipper to service/repair.

At least read the AP.

I don't belive there was ever such a thing as a Type P mask. P and Q were sizes. How terms have become corrupted. a bit like Hoover is a vacuum cleaner.Or should we call them Dysons today!

£150 is probably a bargain. we may have paid that just for the string. particularly if it was supplied cut to length with a knot on the end!!!