PDA

View Full Version : EK - Annual Leave Ticket

Easy Ryder
12th Mar 2013, 09:02
Hey guys,

Got an ALT that needs to be used before June for my fixed annual leave destination.

My question is can I book it now for a wedding I need to attend in August and still retain the coming years ALT?

Also for the ALT, do the mrs & I have to travel together or can we travel on separate dates?

Thanks

kumul1
12th Mar 2013, 10:33
Manual states: ALT not used in one cycle may be rolled-foward to the next cycle, but if not issued before the end of that subsequent cycle, the ALT is forfeited. Note. tickets should be applied for at least 14 calender days prior to the end of that cycle.

I suggest you go to the ST counter on the 2nd floor and clarify that.;)

donpizmeov
12th Mar 2013, 10:38
Yes you can book it for Aug and it will not stop you getting the next ticket. So no problem there.
You do not have to travel with the Mrs, nor on the same date.

The Don

halas
12th Mar 2013, 10:46
Groupworld>Travel>Staff Travel Manual>Annual Leave (A)

All there.

halas

givemewings
12th Mar 2013, 12:32
umul, the likely response to that is usually "we are not here to answer questions we are here to issue urgent tickets" :ugh:

What else is a service desk for then? lol...

Of course the desk has no idea!!

Easy Ryder
12th Mar 2013, 15:02
Brilliant! Thanks guys much appreciated :ok:

break dancer
12th Mar 2013, 15:16
After 3 years service any ALT booked (whether previous year or current year) can be booked to any EK destination. The same as for SRCs that accrue as FO, are then taken as J class on upgrade.

If you can't make the flight for any reason, the listing must be cancelled (on pain of a fine, but not too sure what that is - Dhs100/ticket?) The flight can be rebooked at any time within the validity ( 1 year from issue). It will be confirmed if system shows availability on status of flight, or Stby if no availability with a very high priority.