PDA

View Full Version : FTRS Red Arrows

Lima Juliet
11th Mar 2013, 23:22
Want to be a Red?

RAF Reserves - FTRS Vacancies List (http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafreserves/whoweare/ftrsvacancieslist.cfm?storyid=6A2A5671-5056-A318-A8787789CCC825FC)

:ok:

Fox3WheresMyBanana
11th Mar 2013, 23:39
It would appear that MAA's primary role is to generate new courses.....

They appear not to have any with the word "Integrated" in the title. Missed a trick there, chap(esse)s...

India Four Two
12th Mar 2013, 05:07
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the reasoning behind a FTRS position? Why not make it a regular posting?

muttywhitedog
12th Mar 2013, 07:06
Money.

There'll be no flying pay for an FTRS and no X Factor. Compared to a regular Sqn Ldr, thats a whole lot of wonga saved.

Lima Juliet
12th Mar 2013, 07:08
Reason?

1. Continuity in post.
2. Cost. FTRS are cheaper than regulars.

There are probably others as well...

LJ

PS Muttywhitedog beat me to it by 2 minutes!

dctyke
12th Mar 2013, 08:17
So I wonder who is retiring from Scampton in the near future?:hmm:

NutLoose
12th Mar 2013, 10:02
How apt, they are short of a Sqn Ldr, and the application is to be sent to... Sqd Ldr Short.

:E

Easy Street
14th Mar 2013, 00:30
This post needs a Sqn Ldr why, exactly?! These are the ranks I would expect to be able to conduct any of the simple tasks listed in the job spec...

Planning of all RAFAT sorties - Fg Off
Flight Safety Officer - Flt Lt
Risk Register Manager - Flt Lt
Duty Authoriser - Flt Lt
Plan RAFAT transit and display sorties - Fg Off
Coordination of display airspace for RAFAT - SAC
ASIMS Occurrence Manager - Flt Sgt or Flt Lt
Ops documents are up-to-date at all times - LAC
PoC for all HAMPA related issues - SAC

Why pay a Sqn Ldr to put in NOTAMS, update the pubs, fix the planning computer, and draw straight lines between flypasts on a low flying chart?!

lj101
14th Mar 2013, 06:40
Why pay a Sqn Ldr to put in NOTAMS, update the pubs, fix the planning computer, and draw straight lines between flypasts on a low flying chart?!

Reduces the numbers of applicants and (maybe) job written spec with some one in mind already?

ExRAFRadar
14th Mar 2013, 10:26
Surely all those 'Must Have' must violate some Human Rights legislation.

I'm pretty good with computers and I bet that's all it takes.

I want the job.

Please.....

Does the new post at least need an assistant ?

Need a computer geek with a background in Business Intelligence Development ?

I'm your man

Biggus
14th Mar 2013, 10:31
Maybe it's like the civilian world.....

They already know who they want to do the job (like the previous incumbent after retirement?), but feel obliged to advertise the post?

Craven Moorhed
14th Mar 2013, 10:59
Different subject (apologies) but do any ex-Reds pilots or gingers know what Drag Index the Reds' jets are?
I'm guessing DI5 or 10 maybe?

Grumpy106
14th Mar 2013, 11:52
I understand that this is a new post so there is no current incumbent and the job spec was written to suit the needs of the job, not an individual. The only essential criteria are Sqn Ldr, Fast Jet aircrew and Duty Auth - the rest are 'Desirables'.