PDA

View Full Version : Is It worth It

captainmacuk
20th Jul 2001, 03:10
Hi again people,

I was curious to know whether you guys think it would be worth getting a type rating after all your commercial training and also getting your time up(probably at least a thousand hours),

I know it cost a lot a lot of cash(10000dollars for A320/737) but common if your just sitting there with every licence and rating and over a thousand hours you would have to think about it(not that thats me)

only doing my PPL for f**k sake and talking about type ratings already

also if you done a type rating in the states for say a 737-300 would you be-able to come back hear and go in as direct entry into say easy jet without a huge CAA conversion or would it just be normal company training( Im not assumming every one in the wannabee thread knows this info but someone must know.)

Anyway see ya later,

Cheers

Delta Wun-Wun
20th Jul 2001, 03:37
Even if you had the money to spare.Paying for your own type rating is not really going to help,as you would still have next to no time on type.It is the time on type that makes you attractive to the airlines.If you did have this sort of money left when all your training is finished,then buy some Twin time or better still get an Instructors rating,or some Sim time to keep your IR up to speed.Anyway good luck with your PPL. :)