PDA

View Full Version : a CDL PPL kinda question

Kempus
23rd Apr 2002, 22:18
Hi folks,

Ok, i'm thinkin about gettin a loan from the bank for about 6 grand to go and get a PPL. In about 5 years i plan to approach the likes of HSBC to get the rest of the money by a a CDL to get an ATPL.

Does anyone out there know if you can some how claim this money back through a CDL as intially it is part of an ATPL?

Any advice would be cool cos i just crashed my car today and looking to go to the bank this week for money for repairs, and well might just add a PPL onto the bill!

Cheers, Kempus

No. 2
24th Apr 2002, 12:18
Hi,

I've just been approved a HSBC professional studies loan to cover the costs of the modular route to fATPL. I prepared them a small cost breakdown from ab initio to fATPL.

At the moment they have approved £25K and that includes funding towrads my PPL and hour building-which you quite rightly said is part of the training. I have already been paid the first installment and start my PPL in May.

Hope this helps :)

James

Awyrennwr
24th Apr 2002, 21:16
Career development loans are avialiable through several banks, they are up to a max £8000 and have delayed payments for 2 years, during this time the DFEE pay the interest.
The rates aren't that great but if you get an HSBC Proffesional studies loan you can pay the CDL off in one go.
Thats my plan anyway! I got my CDL with Barclays.
Good Luck.