PDA

View Full Version : Best route to commercial aviation?

MARK1992
10th Mar 2013, 17:21
Hello all!

I've been released from conscription recently and am due to enroll in a local university here in Singapore in August. However, rather obviously, my passion lies in the sky.

Recently, I have been discussing about and eventually granted a(n interest free) loan to pursue my proper passion in aviation. Prior to this, I had no real opportunity to do so, hence my lack of knowledge and benightedness to (probably) everything.

I've been reading some threads here, especially the one with regard to modular versus integrated learning. Granted, while getting licensed for less money is definitely a plus, I'd quite like the idea of a Bachelor's Degree and affiliation and connections some of these colleges can / will confer. I have been pointed towards Oxford Aviation Academy, Massey as well as UNSW in the Oceania region.

I'm hoping that I'd be able to hear your opinions on the matter, especially on where to train / study and the potential issue of switching from a country's governing aviation authority to another's. Is it much of an issue?

Also, do certain countries place restrictions on foreigners with regard to employment? I know that it's not unheard of in cadet pilot programmes, but I don't seem to be able to get any information about licensed pilots.

Am I placing unnecessary worry on trivial issues while ignoring pressing ones?

I greatly appreciate your time and input!