PDA

View Full Version : Question about Aviation school license

kingmomo
10th Mar 2013, 12:10
hello
i want to apply for aviation school ,, but as i have seen their is a big difference on the license's

the school im thinking to apply give this kind of license's
ATPL integrated diploma that entitles pilot to the level of (FCL 1) License apporved by the Jordan Civil aviation
Regulatory Comission (CARC) &recognized by the international Civil avation organization (ICAO)

and it costs 70k$

i have seen on other ground school the license which given out is FAA

hope this topic in the right place

slawek_s
13th Mar 2013, 15:51
I googled that Air Academy and they state that in 2003 they got approved for JAA/EASA FCL1 Pilot Training. On the other hand, in 2008 somebody wrote that they transfer you to a school in France to get a JAA license - check http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/346636-royal-jordanian-air-academy.html#post4459344

Before you make your decision, google as much as you can, this way you can find out f.i. who is being trained there (f.e. in Dec 2012 a large group of students from Nigeria arrived at that Academy).

Maybe someone who is undergoing training there right now can provide some information.... anyway, the academy itself should have a profile here to provide information.

Tinstaafl
14th Mar 2013, 02:38
Very unlikely you'll get an ATPL unless they include at least 1500 hours of flying in their program. The chance of that happening for 70,000 is pretty much zero. It's more likely that you'll finish with a CPL, Instrument Rating & have passed the theory exams for the ATPL.

kingmomo
16th Mar 2013, 17:50
tyvm guys that information was really usefull