blackknight999
10th Mar 2013, 16:13
How did the pilot manage to hide it?

Canuck15
11th Mar 2013, 12:30
By not informing ATC and changing tires of the plane

blackknight999
11th Mar 2013, 14:05
well yeah that i read..but the news said that the follow me reached the aircraft in a span of 10 min..??is that even possible??

Canuck15
12th Mar 2013, 14:07
for bombay 10 mins is enough when you vacate N8 and parked on Alpha stands ..

sky jet
12th Mar 2013, 17:41
I waited two days to see how this played on this site. The thing I find striking is how little soul searching this incident has provoked by the readers of this web board. Had this happened in the US or Europe the web sites that are specific to those continents would have threads running many pages. While some would blame the pilots and others the authorities or aircraft manufacturer, at least it would get a public discussion started. Here you get threads running hundreds of pages about how to gain airline hiring question banks or on rumours of classes at an airline that doesn't even have an operating certificate. Until Indian pilots stop worrying about loss of face and start screaming for reform this kind of incident will continue to happen. While this incident could have happened anywhere in the world, the treatment of it is where the difference lies.

vinayak
12th Mar 2013, 17:56
SkyJet perhaps our culture does not encourage misinformed discussions of "serious incidents"

Let's wait for what the investigation has to say. It was not a pilot error to begin with but a human error, blame game is what we leave for our politicians and authorities :)

cyrilroy21
12th Mar 2013, 18:12
Media....

No Credibility.....

Aviation Incidents.....

......Enough Said

sky jet
12th Mar 2013, 18:26
Vinayak,

You misunderstand me. I don't know that it was an error of the pilot or mechanical type yet. I am only commenting that Proffesional pilots, some of whom I am sure work for Indigo have had absolutely nothing to say about this incident. I can assure you that if I flew A320's I would want to know if this was a mechanical problem. Several years ago there was a rash of A320 nosewheel problems. Those incidents lead to much dicussion by the Airbus pilots amoung us. With India's relatively young pilot cadre it is possible that they are not even aware of this history. Where is the discusion on this incident? Several on this site seem to think that anything out of the normal that happens in India needs to be silenced in case it would shine a poor light on all. While I believe in waiting for the official reports, the authorities and airlines in India do not have the best track record on truthfullness. Besides, the name of this web site is PP"rumor"ne.

Regards,

Jet

Samju
13th Mar 2013, 02:20
You are correct skyjet
But all these traits come with experience and aviation in India is still nascent as you have observed