PDA

View Full Version : Advice!

tomcs
23rd Apr 2002, 20:56
Ok...my friend is 18 and is just about to finish his A levels...and all he wants to be is a cabin crew blokey :). What jobs can he get.....what experience does he need etc.... Any advice or contacts/jobs would be appreciated :).

Thanks

Tom

jayne
24th Apr 2002, 08:49
basically if your friend is interested in becoming a cabin crew member he needs customer service experience. There are a variety of different people who have become flight attendants who have had some sort of dealing with the public. Hospitality is a good start. Bar courses, responsible service of alcohol certificate, food and beverage etc. It also looks good on a resume if you have stayed with the one job for a while. 18 is still quite young but there is no harm in trying. There is also a place called "the results Centre" where you do a short course on what being a flight attendant is all about, interview experience, who's recruiting. etc. I only know of one that is in QLD on the Gold Coast. If you don't have time to attend the course you can purchase the book and video. It helped me alot and I really reccommend it. Well I hope I have helped you out. Goodluck!
Jaynexoxo