PDA

View Full Version : Staff ticket

erda
9th Mar 2013, 08:13
I am doing a bit of research on how staff purchase tickets in various airlines. We are still required to purchase ticket at the ticket office. I understand some airlines allow their staff to purchase staff tickets online. With your feedback , I could forward a proposal to allow our staff to purchase tickets online. Appreciate very much your input. Thanks in advance for your reply.

clearblueskyy
9th Mar 2013, 08:22
Depending on the airline and the hierarchy of the employee , subject to load basis tickets are offered to staffers. 9 out of 10 times they get-in.

But that's in India.

wiggy
9th Mar 2013, 10:04
I'm not sure what form of feedback will help, anyhow:

We ( large European legacy carrier) went to on-line staff travel several years ago, shortly after e-tickets became commonplace for our own customers, and it generally works very well. 24/7 access worldwide via t'internet/intranet, which saves all the hassle of either standing in line in some office only open during office hours (can I say that?) or being kept hanging on to an open phone line listening to dreadful music for hours on end....

Still doesn't mean you'll get on the flight though.....:bored:

vctenderness
9th Mar 2013, 10:45
BA totally on line and pretty good system as well. If using a firm annualconcession it allows you to see other staff listing or confirmed on same flight.

You can confirm on more than one flight and then chose which one to actually take nearer date of departure. Don't pay up front either only when you decide to take that particular flight.

Much better than the old fashioned staff travel office.

yotty
13th Mar 2013, 12:00
ST is probably one of the few things that has improved over the last few years!:cool:

Dan Winterland
13th Mar 2013, 12:27
On line, e-tickets issued and only deducted from your pay once you have been accepted for the flight. A website shows where you are on the pecking order if SUBLO.

Works very well.

erda
13th Mar 2013, 12:53
Thanks all for your feedback. Sounds like the airlines you work for are very transparent and gives a fair chance for staff to get on the flight. My airline still insist , we queue up at the ticket office and are not very transparent on your chances to get in. We could be stuck with the ticket we purchased even if the flight is full. Need to make some changes.

Denti
13th Mar 2013, 13:13
We went from our own online ticketing system to a Lufthansa owned system called myIDtravel. Works quite well, both standby and non-standby tickets are available based on Z fares, chance of acceptance is shown during booking/listing. One downside is however that payment is via credit card only and is deducted at booking, if you do not fly the booked sector you can get it refunded, however a fee of 1,50€ is deducted for the service.

EAM
14th Mar 2013, 12:32
with myIDTravel you get a booking code and with this you can check in online and sometimes you get a seat right away.
System works perfect, you can book tickets until 30 min before flight.
Works for most of the airlines.