PDA

View Full Version : Boeing moving flight training out of Seattle

FlightPathOBN
8th Mar 2013, 22:03
This is really interesting. I have seen the flight training/sim go from Boeing to Alteon, back to Boeing..now its just going away...

very convenient for the RNP training to the Asian markets...

UPDATE 3-Boeing to move flight training from Seattle to Miami | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/08/boeing-flighttraining-idUSL1N0C0F8L20130308?feedType=RSS&feedName=industrialsSector&rpc=43)

TURIN
8th Mar 2013, 22:33
The union said the simulators are an integral part of the airplane production and customer support functions in Seattle and are used by engineers.

:mad:

"Moving these valuable tools thousands of miles from the engineering heart of Boeing is another example of (Boeing) treating engineering as secondary rather than a core function of the company," said Ray Goforth, executive director of SPEEA.

Nothing new there.

I did my 787 type course in seattle and didn't get a peep at a simulator.
Poor, very, very poor. :mad:

J.O.
8th Mar 2013, 22:50
Are we talking engineers, or Engineers (as in the pinky ring variety)?

TropicalD
21st Mar 2013, 07:28
This is a bad move by Boeing, who seem to be on-track to really infuriate every employee group. This move was strictly a pay-back to the engineers for their possible strike vote. Boeing seems to care exactly '0' about their employees now; it's all about the shareholders. The balance that kept the company great for decades is gone.

I know the press release said moving the facility made it closer for the customers in MIA. I say Bull****. I've been going to the SEA facility for recurrent for over 10 years now, and it was full of Asian airline crews. Somehow, I don't remember MIA being closer to Asia than SEA.

TropicalD

81Horse
11th Apr 2013, 04:47
All sims will be relocated by the end of the year; this process is already under way.

Sim instructor, TCE, and Standards pilot layoffs will be commencing soon.

Fun fact: these people just voted to unionize recently.

Another fun fact: the increase in training in MIA will be assigned to part-time contractor instructors.

Enjoy Miami, ALPA retirees!

Jobear
16th Apr 2013, 13:41
Hey the ex-Eastern guys and Riddle rats need work!!