PDA

View Full Version : No singing on the train!

rotornut
8th Mar 2013, 18:14
BBC News - US mayor 'sorry' elderly woman removed from train (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21718708)

toffeez
8th Mar 2013, 19:54
Right now I'm only slightly old, but I'm looking forward to when I'm really old and have all the rights to irritate as many passengers as possible.

Lon More
8th Mar 2013, 19:58
Whatever happened to "you have the right to remain silent" ?

RedhillPhil
8th Mar 2013, 20:00
"I was beating my beads in a bottle...".

I had to do that after having the chop in 1985.

pigboat
8th Mar 2013, 20:28
Smells like lawsuit city to me.

Slasher
9th Mar 2013, 01:11
♫ I'm singin' in the train
Just singin' in the train!
What a glorious feeling,
And I'm happy again.
I'm laughing at guard
A dork and unloved
The beads are in my heart
And I'm ready to be shoved. ♫

Dushan
9th Mar 2013, 01:52
I'd take singing any day over obnoxious telephone conversation.

Jimmy, are you up yet?
If you don't get up now you will be late for school.
Your jeans are in the dryer.
Yes they are, go look again.
Jimmy, THEY ARE IN THE DRYER. I put them there before I left.
No, not the washer, the dryer, the one that has a door on the front.
Jimmy, you can't gontomschool in your track pants, you have to wear clean jeans.
Better hurry up. I will call you in ten minutes, you better be on your way.

Cacophonix
9th Mar 2013, 09:41
Songs in and or around trains have always excited both negative and positive reactions...

Personally I think the old lady should have been allowed to sing. We live in a tone deaf world. If we can't sing in our chains then we are already in hell.

Arlo Guthrie City Of New Orleans.wmv - YouTube

Caco

Milo Minderbinder
9th Mar 2013, 09:52
And I think she should have been slung off. Who wants some old religious nut chanting hymns and worrying beads while you're riding along. Its almost like she's expecting the train to crash.....guaranteed to put the wind up the other passengers
Besides which, who wants some old biddy singing her head off and keeping you awake when you're trying to sleep off the hangover?

Cacophonix
9th Mar 2013, 09:57
keeping you awake when you're trying to sleep off the hangover?

Best time to sing is when you have a hangover!

Though singing in bars has caused me a ruckus at times... ;)

Hoyt Axton - Lightning Bar Blues [1970 Gospel Rock] - YouTube

Caco

radeng
9th Mar 2013, 16:27
I wonder what they would have done in this case...

The baby now arriving on the 18.18 train service from Victoria - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9918349/The-baby-now-arriving-on-the-18.18-train-service-from-Victoria.html)

radarman
9th Mar 2013, 22:11
Recently got back from a couple of weeks in LA, did all travelling on public transport. Never seen so many bums, buskers, bag ladies and nutters talking to themselves on the underground. An old lady singing a few hymns would have been a welcome relief.

Krystal n chips
10th Mar 2013, 13:32
" Never seen so many bums, buskers, bag ladies and nutters talking to themselves on the underground."

Ah, well, in the UK these people can usually be found travelling in First, across the network as a whole, and also in a more precise location...Canary Wharf.

The above information kindly supplied in response to the criteria as specified above.

Erwin Schroedinger
10th Mar 2013, 16:59
Maybe she was just undergoing voice training.