PDA

View Full Version : Tech Specific exam issues!!!

Jetway12345
7th Mar 2013, 21:02
Hello ppruners,
I have done my flying training from USA and have cleared all my conversion papers viz- regs and nav composite. Now i have decided that i will go to the states and do my recency + multi engine skill test there and then come back to India and do my single engine skill test on cessna 152 which should put things right.

I read here and as far as i know, if i would have given the multi engine tests here then i would have had to give the tech specific for PA34 but now am doing the multi skill check in usa and cessna 152 skill test here so i need to give the tech specific for cessna 152.

There is no technical specific exam for C 152 in FAA and thats the reason i have to give it here.

Can anyone tell me how tough is the exam for tech specific Cessna 152 and what all to study for it? I have the POH and some notes with me at present but dont think they would be enough.

Thanks

Jetway12345
8th Mar 2013, 18:50
Is anyone there to help me please.:{

cyrilroy21
9th Mar 2013, 03:57
Jetway12345

If you hold an FAA Commercial Single Engine license you dont need to give the tech specific exam even though are giving the skill test in India .

Multi on the other is a little different since it says on the flow chart pass result of tech specific exam .

From the Flow chart
NOTE 2: For Multi endorsement on CPL:
1. Record of ground training and pass result of technical exam
2. Statement indicating at least 10 hrs of training on multi engine aircraft for which endorsement is requested (including test/ check),

You can ask the flight school where you do the recency and skill test for the multi to conduct a tech specific exam . You also need ground class vertificate saying you underwent atleast 20 hours of ground training on the specific multi engine aircraft

Jetway12345
9th Mar 2013, 17:33
Thank you bro.

clearblueskyy
5th Jul 2013, 05:34
Study material for the tech -specific c-152, what kind of questions must one expect?