PDA

View Full Version : BA12 SIN - LHR 10 March 2103

london12345
7th Mar 2013, 14:21
Hello. I've just received an email saying that BA12 SIN - LHR on 10 March has been cancelled. Does anyone know why? BA16 doesn't seem to be available as an alternative.

london12345
8th Mar 2013, 00:05
Apparently there is a technical issue with the plane, and "they have no replacements". The outgoing flight is also cancelled. I called the Singapore office as per instructions - goes to India. They were unable to help me with compensation information or hotel accommodation. They actually suggested I wait at the airport for a day!!! I'll have to phone the UK to sort it out. There is no point having a customer service team in another country if they can't actually help.

ExXB
9th Mar 2013, 14:57
Google Regulation 261/2004. This EU Regulation applies to the flight that was cancelled. BA are responsible for rebooking or rerouting you to your destination, for your care (meals and accommodation) while you are delayed. They may also be responsible for cash compensation. Keep records of all expenses including your phone calls.

ericlday
9th Mar 2013, 16:11
Will they still be operating in 2103 ??

london12345
10th Mar 2013, 01:38
Thanks ExXB. The UK office was a lot more helpful, though I wasn't offered a reroute. I am keeping my receipts. I hope we both have the same definition of "reasonable expenses". I had a look at the EU regulation. In theory I am eligible for EUR 600.

ExXB
10th Mar 2013, 17:22
In theory, perhaps. BA is very bad at reroute, and customer service in general. That is why I haven't flown them in three years and even longer on a paid ticket.

Compensation will depend on the actual reason for the cancellation. Don't depend on airport/reservations staff to have been given an accurate reason. They may be just guessing, based on previous experiences.

Good luck