PDA

View Full Version : is higher diploma qualify to be cadet pilot?

cx252
7th Mar 2013, 10:38
Guys, I have only done my higher diploma in aviation studied and planing to apply cadet programme both in CX and KA, do you think is eligible? Seems in old days there are guys without college degree can still make it through.

dolpinsky
7th Mar 2013, 11:59
if some strange guys from the internet tell you it's not, will you not apply because of this?

TeaTowel
7th Mar 2013, 14:41
I think the fact you have a relevant diploma is a positive. :ok:

I have noticed a trend over the last few years of people thinking a degree in something will qualify you in everything.:= A degree qualifies you in a different discipline and is a good back-up plan.

If I was in HR interviewing candidates, and a candidate tried to use a degree in an irrelevant discipline(i.e. Biology, History, Dentistry, Graphic Design) as a positive, I would drill them as to why they have never bothered to work in that career and went straight into flight training?!
Uni is expensive and time-consuming so I would like to see grads of various disciplines actually use their qualifications! They probably took the Uni position off someone who intended to use it but just missed out on qualifying!

A degree doesn't define a line between educated people and non-educated anymore. There is plenty of degree holders I know who are Sexist, Racist, and bigoted.:yuk: And they only passed by constantly repeating exams and doing minimal effort in projects.:*

schweizer2
7th Mar 2013, 15:21
I went straight into aviation. Still no job!

If I could go back and decide if I should take flying lessons or do a degree first, well, I'd sign myself up for a business degree in aviation and then learn how to fly but I guess at the time I was too immature to make the right decision and seems like I am paying for it now.

I just had to get into that aircraft and loved every 0.1h logged.
Still got the love for this industry and will still do what it takes to one day get that flying office job!

Do I get that "what If?" feeling? Absolutely! And I have spent many sleepless nights and still do!