PDA

View Full Version : FlyBe Cabin Crew Recruitment

CoExGal
6th Mar 2013, 18:20
Hello, I am a U.S. citizen who married a Brit. I was a Flight Attendant for a U.S. regional airline for many years, and I would like to fly for FlyBe.

I would like to know what, if any, reserve time is expected for new recruits. Also, what is the best base to get into, and how many days per week is one likely to fly and be away from home?

And do they have an age limit?

Thanks so much!

dantheflyboy
6th Mar 2013, 22:02
Firstly Flybe are going through some restructuring of the airline at this time right from the top to the very bottom, there is a total recruitment freeze at this time while this takes place as some people are leaving through vol redundancy.
However crew generally work a pattern of 5 on 2 off and some 6 on 3 off. Min of 10 days off each month. More 6 on pattern during peak season. Typical day would be 4 sectors, we do get some 2 sector days and even fewer 6 sector days. Most sectors between 45mins - 90mins.
Different bases work harder than others and that is reflected in the take home pay.
Bases often struggling to recruit would be IOM,GCI,JER,ABZ,INV
High turnover bases EDI,SOU,BHX,MAN
Bigger bases are BHD,EDI,SOU,BHX
Current bases are SOU,EXT,BRS(Brussels contract),EMA,BHX,MAN,NCL,BHD,GLA,EDI,ABZ,INV,IOM,GCI,JER.
We only Nightstop to cover other bases work and some charter work. You can select min/normal/max N/S on your roster. You may only get one a month even on a maximum.
Flybe do like younger crew especially girls but have recruited more boys in recent times and older crew with previous experience, this is my observation not recruitment policy.

CoExGal
4th Apr 2013, 12:02
Thank you for that information!