PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook Scandinavia

sellect
6th Mar 2013, 15:52
Anyone have any recent information regarding this outfit? Hiring situation, payscale etc.

Thanks

Tally-ho1
7th Mar 2013, 06:28
For the moment there is no hiring in the company, but it might change quickly, so keep updatet.
Thomas Cook Scandinavia has T&C's which is considered to be the best possible in the Scandinavia'n market, including SAS. There is a perfect mix of short haul and long hauls operations, and the company has been making money for at least the last 10-12 yrs. I don't know any pilot there who look outside the company, for other challenges - and it's a very friendly and easy going atmosphere there.
And - if the company select YOU - they pay all costs from day one, including TR on Airbus. But Airbus experience is of course a benefit. They have bases all over Scandinavia.
So - Ryanair's, Norwegian's and JetTime "philosophy" has not yet reached the company. No contract pilots.

Tally-Ho

sellect
7th Mar 2013, 09:02
Sounds good.

How is the entry level pay for FO? I think the info on ppjn is a little out of date

ReallyAnnoyed
13th Mar 2013, 10:14
Without airbus time, you can forget about it. "Work" there is more like one, long party :eek:

berserker
14th Mar 2013, 10:43
Really?
Last 2 FO´s i heard of did not have any previous Airbus time.......
TP-time only, and I dont mean toilet paper;)

SAS-A321
14th Mar 2013, 13:38
Despite having rated pilots in the pool they were hired, due to being Norwegians.

MyIDisthis
15th Mar 2013, 01:24
So the only way to get in is to meet the requrements, be scandinavian and know someone on the inside i guess? Anything else?

Tally-ho1
15th Mar 2013, 10:11
It's correct - it's not a requirement to have Airbus rating and previous experience, but it's of course a benefit. The Company selects the best candidates, with or without TR, and the sim. check is an important part of the selection. Sometimes a "light guy" passes the check, while a "heavy guy" fails...And opposite most companies this days, everything is paid by Thomas Cook Scandinavia from day one at ground school, with training salary included.
There are probably many Airbus guys in the pool now this days...but again - it's been a Company philosophy to select rather young guys with the profile they look for. It's not a secret that they normally select Norwegian's to OSL, Danish to CPH and BLL etc...

Normally selected candidates may expect "upgrade " in Company from A320 / 321 to long hauls A330 in just 2-3 years after employment.

Yeager78
5th Mar 2019, 08:41
Hi everyone, does anyone have informations regarding the selection process at Thomas Cook Scandinavia ? what to expect on selection days regarding ATPL , group test , sim .

Thank you very much for those who take the time to reply .

tume
16th Mar 2019, 16:20
What’s the 2nd year pay, total with minimum guarantee and hourly?

Kapdk
8th Apr 2019, 06:57
Hi everyone, does anyone have informations regarding the selection process at Thomas Cook Scandinavia ? what to expect on selection days regarding ATPL , group test , sim .

Thank you very much for those who take the time to reply .

You have to speak a Scandinavien language to be considered....