PDA

View Full Version : Florida MEP hire

long final
5th Mar 2013, 20:18
Hello,

I need some MEP hours. Can anyone recommend a reputable, good value operation I can hire from in Florida?

Additionally, can anyone confirm that I can have my UK license validated by the FAA beforehand and receive an FAA PPL MEP at an FSDO in the US without having to complete any other TSA etc to be able to hire solo for non instruction flights?

Many thanks.

tiger88
6th Mar 2013, 01:25
Don't know about good places to rent twins from in Florida but can help you with the foriegn licence verification.

It's just a paperwork excersize and you can do it, along with check out training and rental, on an ESTA. No further clearance or visa required. If you have an IR and want to have that placed on the FAA PPL you will need to do a theory test in the USA. Other than that its pretty straight forward. The process may take a bit of time so advise sending off all the forms to the CAA, along with the unreasonable fee of £44, and FAA before you travel to USA, unless you are there for a while.

PM me if you need further detailed advice as I'm just in the process of doing it myself.

cefey
9th Mar 2013, 15:53
deland-aviation offers senesca at 115$/hour dry

B2N2
11th Mar 2013, 12:47
Solo rental is not very likely.
Some insurance compagnies don't allow it while some schools choose not to.
You may need as much as 25hrs to 50 hrs on make and model before they will consider it.