PDA

View Full Version : Mirage IVA/P

tomdocherty72
5th Mar 2013, 15:36
I would like to make contact with aircrew who flew the Mirage IVA and IVP. Anyone on this forum fit that description or know someone who does?

Je voudrais prendre contact avec des équipages qui ont volé le Mirage IVA et IVP. N'importe qui sur ce forum correspondent à cette description ou connaissez quelqu'un qui le fait?

tomdocherty72
6th Mar 2013, 10:32
Thank you Kijangnim,

I do not speak French and thought Google translator would be a reliable tool!

Tom

tomdocherty72
6th Mar 2013, 10:38
If, as Kijangnim says, Google translate is so poor I thought I would try an alternative translator. Apologies to any French speakers who still think it is a poor translation!

Si, comme Kijangnim dit, Google traduisent est I tellement pauvre pensait que j'essayerais un traducteur alternatif. Des excuses à tous les orateurs français qui pensent toujours c'est une traduction pauvre !

Here is my request again: Voici ma demande encore :

Je voudrais établir le contact avec l'équipage aérien qui a piloté le mirage IVA et IVP. N'importe qui sur ce forum a adapté cette description ou connaît quelqu'un qui fait ?

AlphaZuluRomeo
6th Mar 2013, 11:57
Mirage IVs crews were from the FAS, with an habit to keep quiet/be discrete dut to their mission.

Perhaps it may help if you explain why you're trying to make such a contact.

tomdocherty72
6th Mar 2013, 16:33
I am writing about the Mirage and hope to gain an insight into what the type was like to fly from pilots who did.

Leo45
6th Mar 2013, 17:23
There is an excellent documentary about the Mirage IV A on YouTube called Le Mirage IV A, L'Avion de la la Bombe. Mirage IV, L'avion de la Bombe - YouTube.

Glavany, former Dassault Mirage IV test pilot, and some former FAS crews give an account of what it was like to fly this beautiful aircraft. Apparently not an easy target to intercept on Mirage III.

ATC Watcher
12th Mar 2013, 10:14
Thanks for this film , Leo45, I discovered it.
I did not know that the IV had electric controls.. must be one of the first a/c type no ?

I remember , being a young controller , controlling the IV take off in Bordeaux around 1972 , always with JATO rockets , blockig the runway twice, first on dep by the team that was arming the Bomb when the a/c was lined up , and then on return with his braking parachute that a team had to look for after it jettisssoned it.
All this at night ,and in an airport with Commercial operations !
Good memories.

Leo45
12th Mar 2013, 14:28
You're welcome!

Quand ils parlent de commandes de vol électriques ( en fait il faudrait dire électro-hydraulique ) je pense qu'il font référence à un système uniquement en analogique, pas vraiment du Fly-By-Wire tel que l'on entend de nos jours avec chaine de calculateurs et filtrage numérique du signal tel que sur le F16, Mirage 2000 etc.

Un bien belle bête en tout cas!

tomdocherty72
12th Mar 2013, 15:55
Thank you for the link to this film. Great stuff. Just wish I spoke French!

Merci pour le lien vers ce film. Great stuff. Souhaite juste que je parle français! (Google translate)

ablette
17th Mar 2013, 05:30
Hello,i think I could help you on that one just provide a private email to contact you,in fact one of my old friend was flying the very first one out of production line.

Rgds

GRODEZ
14th Apr 2013, 04:05
I have flown this fabulous plane for three years! Should you need any pieces of info, send me a PM.
Thanks.

tomdocherty72
16th Apr 2013, 12:35
Hi Grodez,

Thank you. PM on way!