PDA

View Full Version : Berlin Accommodation

Whenurhappy
5th Mar 2013, 06:57
I’m on a duty trip to Berlin in April and I wish to take the family (and possibly dog) so I have to find suitable accommodation – nice, affordable, reasonably central, and preferably with car parking (as I’ll be driving there from the East). Feel free to PM me.

I’m also taking the time to visit the Luftwaffe Museum at (RAF) Gatow, to follow up my interest in lost opportunities - the opportunity Britain had to exploit German wartime technology in 1945, but lost it through parsimony, departmental in-fighting and a lack of vision.

Geehovah
5th Mar 2013, 20:20
The team at AWC Cranwell had a suitable hotel when the Berlin Staff Rides were running. I'm sure they could help.

skua
5th Mar 2013, 21:22
Gatow museum is v interesting. Goering's dress uniform being an exhibit that sticks in the mind...

Fg Off Bloggs
6th Mar 2013, 16:55
Hotel Adlon Kempinski (6-Star++) - Michael Jackson stayed there and hung his kid out the window, remember? - is offering very very good rates at present!

https://secure.kempinski.com/KIBER2/en/choose_room.html

It's bang there on Unter den Linden right by the Brandenburg Gate and it has underground parking - the valet will take your car and keys from you at the door.

Stayed there on a driving holiday in 2011 - fantastic - Experiencing the Adlon! The breakfast buffet has to be seen to be believed and the service is quite outstanding.

However, avoid G&Ts as they require a small mortgage!

Bloggs (your regional tour guide!):cool:

PS. There was an even better deal at the Adlon on 'Secret Escapes' but it's gone now.
PPS. You might get cheaper rates through Expedia or the like - but the hotel is the dogs proverbials and shouldn't be missed (even if you just wander in for a coffee)

threeputt
6th Mar 2013, 18:47
Is Edinburgh House still open? Stayed there for two weeks in 1986. Good accom and scran.

3P:ok: