PDA

View Full Version : How do I get rid of a sticky?

Phoenix_X
23rd Apr 2002, 11:22
I'm probably overlooking something obvious here, but I can't find out how to get rid of a sticky I put on a subject in the Reporting Points forum. Now it keeps showing up first, even though it's a dead thread now.

Searched the help but couldn't find it?

FL310
23rd Apr 2002, 12:06
as far as I understand the features of this board, to put a sticky tag on anything here, you need to have admin rights to access the non-public options...::eek: now just log in with your admin logon and password and go to the bottom right of the said thread and select the unstick option :D
If you cannot do this, than you may not be allowed to do this :rolleyes:

Phoenix_X
24th Apr 2002, 22:40
So has everyone got that sticky then? What's the point? Except it annoys the f*** out of me?

FL310
25th Apr 2002, 00:01
Phoenix, why are you so upset? Look at how many have read your post and no one replies.

Tell us what the problem is...which system are you using, which browser, which thread are you talking about? It is hard to guess what you actually see!

As of this moment (and this was different during the last days), there is one Sticky...
Sticky: Airline/private Forums ----- Please Note!
if you are talking about something else, how do we know?
:confused:

Phoenix_X
25th Apr 2002, 12:14
I'm sorry, I got a bit annoyed. It is the forum you're talking about, and so everyone's got the sticky if I understand correctly. You see, on other boards I use I can set the sticky myself to keep a certain thread on top, and I can switch it off when I want. I thought I put a sticky on the mentioned thread myself and that I now couldn't switch it off again unless I was a moderator.

But obviously, the sticky has been set by moderators as well then, and it's nothing to do with me.

Sorry again for the aggressive tone, maybe I shouldn't post anymore in the middle of the night :D.

FL310
25th Apr 2002, 14:06
keep the board alive and continue posting...and don't let those Stickies get to near to you...
http://www.kaletas-board.org/wbb/images/avatars/avatar-55.gif