PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian Air Shuttle Assesment

767200ER
4th Mar 2013, 17:35
Does anybody have any feedback from the assessment on what to expect?

macscary
5th Mar 2013, 12:26
standard PC for sim assessment.
Personality + matrigma tests. (ability to solve logical problems)
Interview= Vmcg, Aft CG effects, drunk FO, ...
Quite straight forward...

captplaystation
5th Mar 2013, 14:39
I am told (but it is 2nd or 3rd hand) spatial orientation whilst entering/completing raw data holding patterns/radial tracking had caught a few out in the past.

767200ER
6th Mar 2013, 23:08
Thank you all very much!

Officejock
8th Mar 2013, 13:22
Who is conducting the test?
Is it similar to WF testing battery?

captplaystation
9th Mar 2013, 08:52
Nope no kidding. When I joined 1 yr ago there was no Sim assessment . . . they very kindly assumed we could do that part. It seems that feedback from the trainers/Union pressure seems to have given them cause to reconsider that stance.

Story I heard were that more than a few Candidates when told to track inbound a VOR on the 180 radial flew an inbound course of 180 (on the 360 Radial) which was judged unsuitable for survival in Northern Norway.

So, strangely enough, back to basics. . . . . but you are right, that is only a part of what they are looking for.

captplaystation
9th Mar 2013, 14:37
Yes DEC, FO's no Sim ride.

Interview I am told hasn't changed much. Mainly personality/CRM with a sprinkling of sensibly pitched 737/general tech Q's, & a bit of Winter ops.

737 Jockey
10th Mar 2013, 15:51
Just to add. DEC sim was on the -300, departure, RV to raw data ILS, Land. Then engine seizure on rotation, single engine procedural VOR approach (automatics available) to G/A then RV to FD only SE ILS to land. Bit like a mini OPC. Don't forget the command/people/management side, they want to see the whole package, it's not just about the flying.

Good luck!

767200ER
12th Mar 2013, 12:21
Sorry i forgot to mention that its for F/O position.. no sim ride??

captplaystation
12th Mar 2013, 12:33
Correct, none for FO.

Answer2pilotshortage
8th Apr 2013, 13:43
I think the assessment has been covered quite well.

I am interested in applying to NAS as an experienced F/O with >5000 hours jet incl. B737NG time.

What about upgrades for F/O's? What are the requirements? Are contractors able to apply for upgrade to the LHS or is this only for permanent employees?

What about the take home pay. ppjn is showing a base of 3800 gross + 800 housing allowance + 500 allowances and 8 euro per block hour. Is the 8 eur per block hour included in the allowances or does it come on top.

I make this a gross pay of 5100 per month + 8 euro per block hour. Is this approximately what people are getting?

Thanks guys:ok:

niss
13th Apr 2013, 16:40
Mensa.no, mensa.se, mensa,dk

MyIDisthis
20th Apr 2013, 08:40
Could someone please share what typ of question they ask during the FO interview? Any general ATPL question, or just the standard "why do you want to work for us" etc?

All I've heard of is some winter ops and some 737 questions, would someone mind to give some examples? Apparently it's very relaxed, but it still doesnt hurt to ask.

Thanks a lot guys

Wasp7320
27th Dec 2013, 13:37
Waiting for interview date as DEC on 737 I have been advised that CAE PARC is now dealing with recruitment for NAS.
Interview should be in LGW.
HR + 1h30 sim par candidate + personality test home made before interview.
Any more details about that "new" selection process ?
Many Thanks.

Icenor
20th Jan 2014, 02:31
What about upgrades for F/O's? What are the requirements? Are contractors able to apply for upgrade to the LHS or is this only for permanent employees?

A lot of upgrades for contractors. Actually permanent employees are complaining that all the upgrades are going to contractors. Required TT according to OM is >6000 hours if I remember correct. Also the current plan is to employ the contractors in Norwegian owned subsidiaries starting with the Helsinki based pilots around March if I remember correctly.

alldaysushi
21st Jan 2014, 00:21
Hello All,

May be the dumbest question, FAA ATP Ok for the USA based Norwegian
opportunities ??

I'll take cover now.

Safe Journey,

Sushi

niss
21st Jan 2014, 06:18
No, JAA it might be an Irish AOC