PDA

View Full Version : Distorting Bloomberg News Video Showing Iberia "Sky High Perks" for Pilots

Iver
4th Mar 2013, 13:43
Not the most objective reporting - it is factually wrong to suggest ALL Iberia pilots make $260K (probably only the most senior). This is an example of reporting at its worst :mad: and it hurts our overall profession:

Sky-High Perks: This Airline Pays Pilots $260K: Video - Bloomberg (http://www.bloomberg.com/video/sky-high-perks-this-airline-pays-pilots-260k-l2zkH2eTTnG~9bJCOG8_Dg.html)

It is true that these "perks" do look great while they last - but this reporting is very misleading about the entire pilot group and it paints the pilot profession negatively. In terms of wages and benefits, you get what you negotiate and the Iberia pilots negotiated a very good package in the past.... Unfortunately, I doubt the Iberia pilots will be enjoying these so-called perks for much longer considering the new IAG ownership structure and the depressed Euro economy... :eek::mad::ugh:

captplaystation
4th Mar 2013, 15:30
Management/Shareholder BS, from a Management/Shareholder BS Channel.

OPEN DES
4th Mar 2013, 15:38
Not far from the truth for capts in IBE. Pretty standard captain salary for a legacy in Europe. I even know a lowcost where capt salaries are just below that..

captplaystation
4th Mar 2013, 15:46
Would be nice to think it is true. A shame they didn't extend the programme to tell us about the benefits enjoyed by the junior/middle managers, of course, that area is never covered. The "wasters" always look after each others patch.

Aporrizaje
6th Mar 2013, 16:27
The problem we have now at IB is not about the T&C's.
We are ready and willing to take a big cut,but IAG's plans go way beyond that.
They want to substitute us with union-less IBxpress.The offer says 300 layoffs now (from the bottom),300 more will retire in a couple years and the leftover takes a 40% cut.So after one fiscal year they are very cheap to get rid of,new labour laws will give 20 days per year,max 1 year.

About the sky high perks: IB is equal or below AF,BA and LH in the pay scale curves,and below all of them with Sepla's offer.
Right now a 11 year FO is making 85-90 thou € per year with around 12 days off per month(SH).It's expensive for an FO but ...how many airlines have 11 to 16 year FO's?.We could be CM1's at IBxpress (they earn 140.000€year from day one) but they completely blocked that option.Non-negotiable.
At IB hours were steady at 75-80 but in the last year production has been cut,this month i have 60hours only.And we have 3 times the usual number of pilots on standby,flying nothing.
Airline is being dismantled and if they succeed i'm sure others will try the same.
They want a meek,cheap workforce to make a killing later on.Same old BS.
-Who bought the fuel at ridiculous prices?
-Who cancelled the options on fuel saving fleet replacements?
-Who gave up the profitable cargo?
-Who changed schedules for 0 connection arrivals in the MIA flight?
-Who reduced production before reducing workforce?

I could ramble on...the whole deal stinks to high heaven,kind of fed up with it.Soon to be over i hope,this uncertainty is exhausting.Good luck to everyone!.