PDA

View Full Version : And now our forums are renamed too!

The Green Goblin
4th Mar 2013, 03:04
Not only have we had our home forcefully moved, we have lost the name of it too.

Change it back please!

27/09
4th Mar 2013, 03:31
For once I agree with you. :ok:

I think you might be F**ting against Thunder.

I see Fragrant Harbour still keeps its name.

stranger320
4th Mar 2013, 03:40
and can they separate india from south east asia?

put them in their own area please!:ugh:

tgbgtgb
4th Mar 2013, 04:26
Goodness gracious! A minor change! However shall I cope?

Old Akro
4th Mar 2013, 04:30
PC police?

JohnMcGhie
4th Mar 2013, 04:41
Yes, I would beseech the mods to give us our old name back.

I live Dununder and I was born in Godzone, so I believe I am entitled to make the request :O

These are names our nations have "earned" over decades. I think both names may have come in to use roughly around the time that aviation began.

Please bring them back :ok:

DancingDog
4th Mar 2013, 04:53
It's unaustralian to call Australia its actual name, rather than its nickname :}
Please stick with the original :ok:

Dark Knight
4th Mar 2013, 05:27
And, give the New Zealunders their own forum!

Don't lump them in with us.

The Green Goblin
4th Mar 2013, 05:43
If there were no Kiwis around, who would make us feel better about ourselves? :E

tail wheel
4th Mar 2013, 06:29
There is a reason for the change of name. Since the forums were rearranged and Dunnunda forums moved to the top, we are continually getting rather odd threads, presumably because no one outside this region knows what Dunnunda meant.

Here is an example from today, a UK wannabe asking about a UK medical: http://www.pprune.org/nz-p-general-aviation-questions/509352-class-one-medical-question-uk.html

Old Akro
4th Mar 2013, 06:37
Isn't that a clear message that the new format is confusing? PPRuNE Worldwide, but there is no UK, US, German or many other European threads.

Eastwest Loco
4th Mar 2013, 07:11
I think..........

Hang on - called to prayer

Back later

EWL:}:ugh::{

The Green Goblin
4th Mar 2013, 07:20
Which is why Tail Wheel we should have our forums moved back to our own zone and be done with the rest of them.

If its not broken, don't fix it.

Bring back D&G!

givemewings
4th Mar 2013, 07:26
I thought it was kind of appropriate that D&G was almost at the bottom of the page- kinda like being 'Dunnunda' :}

DeRated
4th Mar 2013, 11:55
With a description such as that........ (apart from the title which means nothing to nobody)

Now you will get all the stuff you keep deleting "Which is the best flying school in whoop-whoop....!":sad:

27/09
5th Mar 2013, 00:44
Here is an example from today, a UK wannabe asking about a UK medical: http://www.pprune.org/nz-p-general-a...estion-uk.html

So even with the new name people are confused as to what sections they should post in. Looks like the name change has had the desired effect then, NOT!!!!!

greybeard
5th Mar 2013, 01:50
The way some of you carry on you could believe it is OUR forum not PPRUNEs

In spit of my tag, I was in at the beginning late 90s when it was a broadsheet only.

Like it or leave,
suck it up princesses,
it is no where as good these days anyway, too much me me me and crap answers to silly questions, far to many for sensible debate.

:ok:

Plazbot
5th Mar 2013, 12:37
Since the site was sold out to the yanks who then started giving out user details it all went to ****. What a shame that a once great resource is now just useful for random time wasting.

Evanelpus
5th Mar 2013, 13:46
Since the site was sold out to the yanks who then started giving out user details

Ouch, that could be a minimum rebuke or a maximum ban.

Good luck!

The Green Goblin
5th Mar 2013, 22:16
It is 'our' forum.

Without our participation (by the rules) and our continued visitation the site is meaningless and worth nothing.

I think we need a poll for D&G :)

Old Akro
7th Mar 2013, 05:58
I see the GA forum has had another name change. Doesn't look like the PPRuNE has learned the MySpace lesson.

nike
8th Mar 2013, 06:25
Been on these boards a while.

More than happy with the (minor) changes.

Some nappy wearing comments about 'it's ours' and the like.

Grow up.

Slasher
11th Mar 2013, 15:52
C'mon harden the f**k up you blokes and stop being a bunch of sooks. We down in the Jet Blast
cavern have been arsed around like poofter chooks too yet we aren't bitching, despite now being
part of a limpwristed-sounding subforum called "PPRuNe Social".

Yous all need a bloody good dose of Chopper - ;)

unkIVvjZc9Y

arkmark
13th Mar 2013, 17:22
I always thought that the poorly spelled names were a complete W**K

where the hell is dununda and what is godzone ?

I'm and Australian and I thought that only a pommie would name Down Under dununda and that it was an insult to us DOWN UNDER.

Cactusjack
14th Mar 2013, 11:04
I'm confused. Tail wheel still uses the signature of Dunnunder moderator?
Shouldn't the Mods change that so as to align with the forums new names?
Should the Mods be issued with NCN's for this?

ChrisJ800
14th Mar 2013, 11:17
Am I in the right forum to discuss Christmas Island? Its dununda but its not Australia, its a separate territory and its definately not Pacific or New Zealand. :ooh::ugh::confused:

Tidbinbilla
14th Mar 2013, 11:48
There's a little rebel in all of us :D

Capn Bloggs
14th Mar 2013, 13:27
where the hell is dununda and what is godzone ?

I'm and Australian
Obviously not... :8

tail wheel
14th Mar 2013, 18:32
I'm confused. Tail wheel still uses the signature of Dunnunder moderator?
Shouldn't the Mods change that so as to align with the forums new names?
Should the Mods be issued with NCN's for this?

OK. I think I changed the signature?

my oleo is extended
14th Mar 2013, 22:11
Very good tail wheel, I am guessing Cactus has rescinded your NCN!
The change of signature confirms you are truly embracing of change management processes. A fine example for the community you preside over on Pprune. You have passed the leadership test and will no doubt leading the way for many more years to come!!!

It does get me wondering, should all Ppruners have a signature? Could be somewhat risqué as some Ppruners are known for a little mischief and adhoc shenanigans on occasion.

Animalclub
14th Mar 2013, 22:45
Am I in the right forum to discuss Christmas Island? Its dununda but its not Australia, its a separate territory and its definately not Pacific or New Zealand.

It certainly is in the Pacific. There are two Christmas Islands.

Cactusjack
15th Mar 2013, 10:50
Mr tail wheel good sir, would it please also be possible to rename the: 'The Home Of Photos in Dunnunda' thread as this thread now sits within the forum 'The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions'.
I am concerned that the CASA Inspectorate may become somewhat confused by these changes, not to mention there is an issue of non-compliance in this matter.
Your patience, good will and positive attitude is appreciated.

Warmest regards

Cactus

Clearedtoreenter
16th Mar 2013, 03:50
a once great resource is now just useful for random time wasting.

What do you mean 'now'?

Bring back D & G anyway!