PDA

View Full Version : Online check-in for Air France

Espada III
3rd Mar 2013, 19:54
In a few days time will be in a position to check-in online for an AF flight from MAN via CDG on a two leg flight. The long leg uses a A320 which according to seatguru has no business class. Is this right (CDG - TLV)?

Any tips for getting reasonable seats on this flight?

Last time we did this trip on AF, we checked in at the self-service machine and went to bag drop. Oh no we were told, get to the back of the check-in queue. Small wonder our bags did not make the flight......Have things improved I wonder?

Rail Engineer
3rd Mar 2013, 20:19
Most airlines have a manage your flight section on the website which allows you to select your seat well before checkin. You can normally do this after your ticket has been registered within the airline registration system.

Online checkin is primarily for the purposes of letting you print your boarding pass so you can go directly to the baggage drop, thus saving on the number of checkin staff needed.

If AF do not have the manage your flight facility then you could simply ring their customer centre and using the seatguru reference ask for a particular seat number.

farci
4th Mar 2013, 09:47
Last time we did this trip on AF, we checked in at the self-service machine and went to bag drop. Oh no we were told, get to the back of the check-in queue. Small wonder our bags did not make the flight......Have things improved I wonder? I wonder if the MAN-CDG sector is operated by FlyBe?
If so, there is a known issue but AFAIK no solution yet to checking in and checking bags to through flights with AF. It seems their systems do not talk to one another despite having been badged as and ticketed by AF