PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a heart rate watch with countdown timer?

mrsurrey
3rd Mar 2013, 18:12
Basically I want to train in a heart rate zone, with audible alarms if I too high/low and I want a countdown timer that only runs whilst I'm "in zone" and then beeps when I've finished.

Is that too much to ask for? I bought one 10 years ago for 20, now they seem to cost 150!

If you have one, please tell me the make & model! :-)

Cheers,

MrS

(yes I do realise jetblast is an optimistic place to post a fitness question!)

KAG
3rd Mar 2013, 18:48
I have used this kind of device for some time more than 10 years ago, I don't remember the brand.

I got rid of it, I enjoy much more to run at a pace I myself feel confortable without checking my heartbeat.

If you have a heart condition, then it might help you? otherwise, I quite find it useless. In addition each people have different hearts and different pace and rate.
Running is a passion since I am a little kid, and when I don't run my heart is at about 50 per minute (around 46 when I seat down), which is very, very low. Some people are at 75 in the same situation... Me at 75 I am running slowly... So what is confortable for you might be different for somebody else, much better to trust your feeling than running at a heartbeat rate that somebody tells you to run.

Anyway, I hope you'll find what you need.

Ascend Charlie
4th Mar 2013, 06:45
Readily available in Afghanistan, comes with a nice vest.

It starts counting down, and at zero, your heart rate also drops to zero ...

unstable load
4th Mar 2013, 07:51
Apparently they all come with a built in countdown timer.
Some spring a leak and zero out early, others seem to
lag a bit....

Slasher
4th Mar 2013, 08:15
Why do you need a ticker's ticker Mr Surrey? Them things are for burnt-out old codgers
who are a breath away from falling off their perch.

Just go at 3/4 of your max effort while having the potential capability of being able to
converse in short sentences. If you can't then slow down a bit. Its a good yardstick be
you running, swimming, shagging, whatever.