PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Robert Mugabe!

rotornut
3rd Mar 2013, 14:48
BBC News - Zimbabwe's Mugabe holds lavish 89th birthday party (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21646042)

Lon More
3rd Mar 2013, 14:51
No Happy Returns.

May it be his last.

radeng
3rd Mar 2013, 14:59
>The celebrations cost about $600,000 (£400,000), reports say.<

In a country economically on its knees? A modern Nero......

The sooner he's in his grave, the better.

Slasher
3rd Mar 2013, 15:28
This pr!ck is a legend in his own mind (http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000077811&story_title=Kenya-At-89,-Mugabe-sees-%27divine%27-mission-to-rule-Zimbabwe).

OFSO
3rd Mar 2013, 15:32
Gentlemen, cast you eyes at the bottom of the JB page, and you will see birthdays of our members listed there......is it possible one of these today might be Mugabe's alias on PPRuNe ?

radeng
3rd Mar 2013, 15:39
The sooner he's in his grave, the better.

Doesn't matter if he's dead or not, either

Capetonian
3rd Mar 2013, 15:49
May it be a lingering and painful death, preferably at the hands of some of the millions of people who have suffered because of Mugabe and his henchmen and his evil wife, Grace.

hellsbrink
3rd Mar 2013, 16:14
May he die slowly and painfully, yes.

But it won't change a thing in Zim, not without a hell of a lot of blood being spilled.

Techchick
3rd Mar 2013, 19:01
Happy Birthday, Mugabe, burn in hell.

Capetonian
3rd Mar 2013, 20:10
It is true that Mugape's death alone won't achieve regime change, but it will be a step in the right direction. Someone as evil as he (Augustin Chihuri?) is likely to step in, but every little step helps.

thing
3rd Mar 2013, 23:16
Always looked like he should be singing the blues with shades on to me. Although I appreciate he's naughty man.

Metro man
4th Mar 2013, 01:04
Some of the people waiting in the wings to take over following his demise, make him look like an angel. I don't hold much hope for the country.:(

RatherBeFlying
4th Mar 2013, 02:49
There were cries of joy when Mobutu's reign in Zaire / Congo came to an end, but since then there been a bunch of nasty conflicts:(

parabellum
4th Mar 2013, 02:55
How about this for a scenario: An outside agency ferments considerable unrest among the opposition supporters, timed to be at its peak when Mugabe's death is announced, anticipate a brutal response from the goverment and all the hangers on trying to get into the trough, escalate it close to civil war then an outside force moves in, the opposition immediately breaks off and returns home, as orchestrated, highly supervised elections take place and the opposition sweep to power in a landslide. Most, if not all, ex government and top military arrested and kept out of the way until the country stabilises.

Think it might work? I'm betting all our SA friends will say a resounding 'NO' but it would be nice to hear why!

poina
4th Mar 2013, 04:08
How can there be change in any country where baby rape is thought to cure AIDS?

hellsbrink
4th Mar 2013, 04:15
Think it might work? I'm betting all our SA friends will say a resounding 'NO' but it would be nice to hear why!

No, because

1) Nobody has the guts to do what you say because of fears of "colonialism" being screamed out.
2) Who says that it will be peace and harmony under the opposition? It will be just as bad, but with the added bonus of mass lynchings as they go after anyone they THINK was involved with the old regime as well as possible civil war as the country fractures along tribal lines.

The only way there will be real change in Zim is after much more blood is spilled, mark my words.

Solid Rust Twotter
4th Mar 2013, 05:59

Tribalism and all the other African problems are rife in both parties. It's just that right now only one has control of resources in order to do things their way and exploit the country. Were that to change, the other lot would be just as bad, if not worse. None will ever be held accountable for fear they'll play the race card. Recolonising might be the best hope Africa has, but the current masters moving in don't have the same ethos and notions of care towards the local population as modern western society.

Africa is pretty much doomed, infected as she is with unaccountable and inept leaders. Wall it off and let her consume herself before reverting to the bronze age, as she will if left to her own devices. Start over again but do it better next time. Not going to happen in my lifetime, and doubt it ever will. There is no will to fix the root cause, so African entropy wins again.

ExSp33db1rd
4th Mar 2013, 07:06
A lot of my Zim. friends are now embarrassed to say that they supported Mugabe in the beginning ( or the end, if you prefer ) because he appeared to be a better option than the other contender ( Nkomo ? )

Bullshit Baffles Brains.

Solid Rust Twotter
4th Mar 2013, 07:13
Abel Muzorewa was the moderate candidate who was turned down by Carter/Young and the British in favour of Mugabe.

unstable load
4th Mar 2013, 07:47
Ah, yes... And we can see how well they did by that.....:mad:

Capetonian
4th Mar 2013, 07:57
parabellum :

Here's the fundamental flaw in your plan :
as orchestrated, highly supervised elections take place and the opposition sweep to power in a landslide.

There has been no such thing in Africa since the days of colonisation.

As someone else said, re-colonisation is the answer, but it won't happen at least in a way that would benefit anyone. What is happening is that the Chinese a colonising Central Africa in a ruthless and mercenary drive. It will make the British, French, and German colonisations, even the most brutal of all, the Belgians, look like a vicarage tea party.

Neither I nor any any of my Rhodesian or Zimbabwean friends know the answer. The reality is probably that there isn't one.

Mugape and Grace deserve to rot in hell after suffering for a long time, but that, sadly, is not a solution for the country or its woes.

Solid Rust Twotter
4th Mar 2013, 08:49
Muzorewa won the first election but he was refused by Carter/Young et cie. The elections were marred by Mugabe making a fuss and intimidating voters. Nonetheless, he was the preferred candidate of those mentioned, despite them knowing full well his plans to make Zim a single party Marxist state. They got their way and another election was held, complete with intimidation from the usual suspects, which Mugabe won. You can lay a lot of the blame for what Zim looks like today squarely at the doors of J. Carter, A. Young and Carrington.

Capetonian
4th Mar 2013, 09:07
You can lay a lot of the blame for what Zim looks like today squarely at the doors of J. Carter, A. Young and Carrington.

Not to mention the likes of Peter Hain.

KAG
4th Mar 2013, 09:16
And that's the perfect proof that being banned is useless.
Use an other username and continue like if nothing happened, then take back the former username like, once again, nothing happened.

Slasher
4th Mar 2013, 09:28
But Cape wasn't that bunghole Malcolm Fraser (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Fraser) also part of the Mugabe equation?

Scroll down to "Prime Minister" 4th para

Capetonian
4th Mar 2013, 09:53
Slasher, most of the leaders of the so-called civilised world were involved in the hypocrisy and the charade that surrounded bringing down the regime in Rhodesia.

These are same people who stood by and said nothing when terrorist murderers shot down two civilian Air Rhodesia aircraft, in one case raping and slaughtering those who survived the crash.

RH825/03SEP78 Hunyani
RH827/12FEB79 Umniati

This bestiality, worse than anything in recent history, stinks in the nostrils of Heaven. But are we deafened with the voice of protest from nations which call themselves "civilised"? We are not. Like men in the story of the Good Samaritan, they "pass by, on the other side."

One listens for loud condemnation by Dr. David Owen, himself a medical doctor, trained to extend mercy and help to all in need.

One listens and the silence is deafening.

One listens for loud condemnation by the President of the United States, himself a man from the Bible-Baptist belt, and again the silence is deafening.

One listens for loud condemnation by the Pope, by the Chief Rabbi, by the Archbishop of Canterbury, by all who love the name of God.

Again the silence is deafening.

The Silence is Deafening (http://www.rhodesia.nl/silence.htm)

Solid Rust Twotter
4th Mar 2013, 13:55
As is the silence re what Zim and SA have become under the tender ministrations of the comrades.

Slasher
4th Mar 2013, 19:34
Thanks for the link Capetonian - that was a thought-provoking burst by da Costa.

stuckgear
4th Mar 2013, 20:22
+1 Cape.

there's so much that can be said about that sermon but to do so would detract from its rawness and strength, and such it needs no further addition.

and as for mugabe, may he sew socks in hell.

Capetonian
4th Mar 2013, 20:32
Here is the sound track of that sermon. There is nothing I can add, its simple and powerful eloquence says it all.

http://www.viscountdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/04-Track-4.wma

maxrated
12th Mar 2013, 04:42
I dont really have a problem with Mugabe because unlike most polititians, he actually remained true to character, that being, a thoughrough Marxist thug.

The people I truly despise in the equation are the British/Western liberals who fell over themselves, to help install this imbicile into power.

People who inspite of their labour party funded university educations, actually believed that they knew better about a situation in a country thousands of miles away, than the people who actually lived there.

People who actually believed, that a bunch of communist thieves would be a better option than a highly benevolent colonial government to rule ( as opposed to govern) Rhodesia/Zim.

How I would love to take all the peter haines of the world and shove their collective liberal heads into the filthiest Mashona shithouse and make them beg forgiveness for what they have wrought in Africa, while their bare backsides get flayed with a Rhodesian leather hide sjambok.

To treat their injuries I'd then send them to any of the current Zinbabwean government healthcare facilities.

Rant over.....

Capetonian
12th Mar 2013, 07:21
Rant over....

..... and greatly appreciated and agreed here. The only point on which I would take issue with you is referring to Mugabe as an imbecile. He is anything but stupid, he is highly intelligent and educated and it is precisely this that makes him so dangerous and supports his loathsome evilness. The true force of evil behind him though is his wife.

He will be dead some day, but sadly that will not be a solution as there are plenty of other thugs to take over and continue the slide into hell of that once wonderful and functioning country. I lived in Rhodesia for almost two very happy years.

Last night I made bookings for a family of eight, a good solid hardworking fifth, sixth and seventh generation Rhodesian family unit, to leave for the UK as they, having clung to hope, have now decided that there is none. Their farm, properties, and businesses will be abandoned, leaving about 300 decent black people unemployed. The country will lose two teachers, a doctor, and two very bright students who would have been an accountant and a civil engineer. The type of people the country needs to rebuild it. This is what Mugabe seems to want.

Rant over ............

Solid Rust Twotter
12th Mar 2013, 07:28
Foresight is not a common trait among the ruling elite anywhere in the world, I'm afraid.

stuckgear
12th Mar 2013, 07:38
max rated...

lekker !

greatly appreciated and agreed here.

+2

james ozzie
12th Mar 2013, 07:50
And I heard today that the Australian Government has decided to lift the (anyway feeble) sanctions presently on approx 50 of the thugs. What kind of a signal is being sent here, I wonder?

BenThere
12th Mar 2013, 07:51
The Rhodesian and South African tragedy is that the framework for prosperity was built but destroyed at the altar of left wing ideology.

Had accommodation been sought, things might have turned out differently. The constituent classes and interests could have worked out solutions with positive outcomes. But that isn't how politics works, is it?

I have a limited perspective as I don't live on site, but I've thought for a decade or so, that if I were white and living in Zim or SA, I would have plotted my escape long ago.

stuckgear
12th Mar 2013, 08:19
Rhodesian and South African tragedy is that the framework for prosperity was built but destroyed at the altar of left wing ideology.

:D
economic basket cases..
EU member states.. also being destroyed at the altar of left wing ideology and becoming economic basket cases.

right minds see the pattern, lefties do not..

(ben.. sheesh you're up early.. did you s**t the bed ? :p)

BenThere
12th Mar 2013, 08:50
Flew the redeye home last night, slept all day, so here I am, 4 in the morning and wide awake, Ppruning.

cavortingcheetah
12th Mar 2013, 17:30
The British did worse than that.
Well aware that Mugabe had breached the Lancaster House agreement and fully in the knowledge of the intimidation tactics used by his supporters they refused to disqualify Mugabe's party from the 1980 elections. ZANU which was Mugabe's party, won a resounding victory and Bishop Muzorewa passed into relative obscurity.
It ill behoves a Briton to moan about Mugabe and the regime for which perfidious Albion is responsible.
Gott strafe England.

Capetonian
12th Mar 2013, 17:34
It ill behoves a Briton to moan about Mugabe and the regime for which perfidious Albion is responsible.

I don't know who that is aimed but take a step back. It is hardly the fault of any 'Briton' if the then government of that country carried out, as they did, acts of treachery and betrayal and sold Rhodesia down the river. Have you read Ian Smith's book 'The Great Betrayal'.

By extension of your argument one could say that each and every South African is responsible for apartheid, or even worse, the ANC.

cavortingcheetah
12th Mar 2013, 18:40
The South Africans did invent apartheid and the unfortunate use of the word afforded a far greater rallying call than any application of the deed itself could have caused. The ANC's path might have been rather different had Mandela been hanged for treason after the Rivonia trial, so that was a mistake from the point of view of the then government. The future of the ANC was assured when the largely white electorate gave De Klerk his mandate to effectively raise the party to the pinnacle of power. It could be said then that those who voted 'yes' in the 1992 referendum were responsible for the government in South Africa today. In the bilges of all of this lies the body of Peter Hain who refuses to condemn the one faction for its corruption and apartheid practices where once he had condemned the other.

stuckgear
12th Mar 2013, 19:01
The South Africans did invent apartheid

just a slight correction there :

Aparthied: An official policy of racial segregation (South Africa)

Aparthied was the name given to the policy in Aouth Africa, policy of racial segregation is as old as human kind started wandering..

Several laws enforcing racial segregation of foreigners from Chinese were passed by the Han chinese during the Tang dynasty. In 779 the Tang dynasty issued an edict which forced Uighurs to wear their ethnic dress, stopped them from marrying Chinese females, and banned them from pretending to be Chinese. Chinese disliked Uighurs because they practiced usury. The magristrate who issued the orders may have wanted to protect "purity" in Chinese custom.

Segregation may have existed in early Anglo-Saxon England, restricting intermarriage and resulting in the displacement of the native British population by Germanic incomers.
South America, North America, Australia, Far East, Middle East, Europe and of course Africa... every continent where human civilizations have spread have encountered segregation.

cavortingcheetah
12th Mar 2013, 19:37
Excellent piece of information which will be used to good effect at swanky dinner parties. Just like all good things, well, apart perhaps from concentration camps, someone else got there first.

Davaar
12th Mar 2013, 19:41
apart perhaps from concentration camps, someone else got there first.

How "apart from". Whom do you accept as first?

cavortingcheetah
12th Mar 2013, 20:06
It's the sentence construction you see. Concentration camps are not good things which is why they are apart and it is very difficult to determine who really did get there first other than the obvious first choice. The British are rumoured to have invented them to incarcerate Boer women and children to force the men in the Commandoes to give up the cause. But if one accepts that the only purpose of a concentration camp is to function as a holding pen for those to be exterminated then that might not be a point of view that would be entirely defensible. No doubt Genghis Khan held short duration camps of such a nature before he started each pyramid of heads following the capture of a city outside which he had changed his tent to a black one. Going back further than that period would likely give rise to tendentious arguments.

G-CPTN
12th Mar 2013, 20:12
Concentration camp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment#Earliest_usage_and_origins_of_the_term).

Capetonian
3rd May 2013, 14:00
This month's National Geographic, which has just arrived in my letterbox, has a feature on Zimbabwe.

It's written by Alexanadra Fuller, who grew up in Rhodesia and has written several books about the country, as it was in her happy childhood, and as it is now, festering under the rule of a despotic regime.

Once again, I ask, where are the likes of smarmbag Peter Hain who were so strident about 'liberating' Rhodesia, and whose efforts delivered it into the fires of hell, where he and Mugabe will hopefully meet up one day.

It's entitled : Oppression, Fear, and Courage in Zimbabwe, A Corrupt and Bloody Reign

A few brief extracts from a long article.

Mugabe went about further dividing his nation and securing absolute power for himself.

In 1983 Mugabe deployed his North Korean-trained Five Brigade into the west of the country to preempt any Ndebele political opposition. Over the following five years, an estimated 20,000 Ndebele were massacred.

Mugabe tolerated corruption in his cabinet, as long as it came with loyalty to him.

In 2005, after the MDC won several parliamentary seats, Mugabe retaliated with Operation Murambatsvina (Operation Clear the Filth). Across the country market stalls and homes belonging to the urban poor, who constituted much of ZANU-PF’s opposition, were razed. An estimated 700,000 people lost their homes or livelihoods, and more than 2 million were driven further into poverty.

Then, in a first round of elections held in 2008, Mugabe’s ZANU-PF finally lost to Tsvangirai’s MDC. Calling for a runoff election, supporters and officials of ZANU-PF went on a vicious state-sponsored rampage. Hundreds of MDC supporters were killed and thousands injured, hundreds of women and girls were raped, and tens of thousands of people became internal refugees.

Mazvarira was abducted in 2000 from her home in Chivhu, a small town south of Harare, and raped by two ZANU-PF CIO officers after her 17-year-old daughter, an MDC organizer, was killed by a petrol bomb. Mazvarira contracted HIV from the assault.

Subscription to NG is £15/€30 a year. https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/NG/NGM/NGM_Content_Only_18.jsp?lsid=31230856590012905&vid=1&cds_page_id=31737&cds_mag_code=NGM

vulcanised
3rd May 2013, 14:12
I was disgusted to hear the BBC still giving Hain air time the other day.

He was saying why the withdrawal of UK aid to SA is such a mistake :ugh:

I.R.PIRATE
3rd May 2013, 15:34
All here are missing the point, or biting their tongues intentionally on the elephant in the room.

You can blame all the lefty, hand wringing cock-breaths that you want, but all of these newly 'liberated' "democracies" had one thing in common. They had all the potential in the world.....

Some are just genetically predisposed to fcuking up anything they come in contact with... Proven fact - globally.

>>edit to add

Hurry up and die already you POS.

SASless
3rd May 2013, 18:07
We have stuck our nose into so many bad situations....why not divert a Drone to Mad Bob's Digs and remove him from power, instantly and permanently? Better yet....catch him at a Staff Meeting and take out the whole damn bunch of the Thugs?

We would be doing the People of Zimbabwe a huge favor if we did.

LGS6753
3rd May 2013, 19:54
Don't ever forget that this man is a socialist.

Socialism is utterly evil as it steals man's individuality and reduces him to a pawn in the hands of the party. Mugabe is preceded by some other charming socialists:
Stalin 36 million of his own people starved/slaughtered
Mao tse-Tung at least 8 million starved/slaughtered in the "Great Leap Forward"
Pol Pot 2 million starved/slaughtered
Hitler 6 million slaughtered
Saddam Hussein
The Kims of North Korea
etc
etc

Mike X
3rd May 2013, 20:10
Yeah, the whole world sits back, unaffected.

Oh yeah, Zim doesn't have oil. But it has untapped minerals for the future.

The Euros & Americans are just waiting to take control of these resources.

Time them northern hemisphere "powers" realise whom they rely on.

Keep feeding Zuma, as you do, to get your way.

I wouldn't take a piss in your country, it's too good for you.

Capetonian
3rd May 2013, 20:19
Add to evil socialists :
Ceaucescus of Romania
Honecker of the German 'Democratic' Republic
Castro of Cuba (who admittedly has not enriched himself like the others, but still inflicted untold misery on his people)

Persia
3rd May 2013, 20:21
Don't any of you get it? Nobody cares in the UK!

Mike X
3rd May 2013, 21:30
Don't any of you get it? Nobody cares in the UK!

My dearest, the UK is f***ed. Them leaders display less shame than our leaders wrt their piss poor political acumen.

You have a solution ?

Time for the "taxpayer"/ citizen/ he whom wants a quiet life/ etc... to stand as one and get rid of the rubbish.

Bring 1789 on.

Strange, I feel like some cake.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
3rd May 2013, 21:52
Brioche old boy, not cake.;)

I.R.PIRATE
3rd May 2013, 21:54
They took er' gunsssss....

*edit to add South Lousiana drawl*

Milo Minderbinder
3rd May 2013, 22:17
Mike X

Your Dad wasn't called Malcolm by any chance?

Mike X
3rd May 2013, 23:02
Mike X

Your Dad wasn't called Malcolm by any chance?

No, Milo. Only found out when I was 21yrs old. Was from Madeira. Dead 9 years on 3rd May 2004. Loved him.

On subject: Zim has ZERO to offer South Africa. The dumb fu#@$r should have been taken out a long time ago.

However, Darwin proposed an important point. The unconscious (as in animals) shall die off.

Msunduzi
4th May 2013, 03:46
Many of the laws on which apartheid was based in SA were introduced by the British (like immorality and mixed marriages to protect the slaves from exploitation). Then SA expanded them, and created a monster that was not sustainable.

It also has to be remembered that the UK put Mugabe in power. (Didn't the west also put in power a now deceased tyrant in the middle east)

What Mugabe has done defies all logic, and has destroyed the country. There was plenty of land available for all, but of course it did not come with tractors and a successful farming history. Not that it would have made any difference, it is all the same now.

Robert Mugabe Song - YouTube

Cacophonix
4th May 2013, 03:48
Ah [email protected] it, he outwitted us. I give him that.

Caco