PDA

View Full Version : Air Contractors (ACL) to wet lease 3 B757 to Aer Lingus for transatlantic flights

Skyfroggy
1st Mar 2013, 08:11
Does anybody know anything about this venture ? Are both cockpit AND cabin crew provided by ACL ? Is ACL recruiting crew members ?

"Aer Lingus’s choice
Aer Lingus have selected Air Contractors as their preferred supplier for the provision of Wet Lease transatlantic services. Discussions, subject to contract, are underway with the intention of concluding arrangements for an initial period of four years. The concept is that Air Contractors will operate two/three 757 ER aircraft from Shannon and Dublin 7 days/week. Destinations are to be confirmed but will include New York and Boston. This development underscores the confidence Aer Lingus have in Air Contractors and our ability to provide cost effective, tailored solutions operating to the highest possible levels of customer service and reliability. The opportunity is testament to the great reputation that Air Contractors have developed with blue chip companies and is recognition of the hard work, commitment and professionalism displayed by the Air Contractors team."

nightcall
1st Mar 2013, 11:57
No chance mate. You'll have to join on the ATR fleet and wait for a fleet transfer onto B737 or B757. :E

Hangar6
1st Mar 2013, 12:57
Three ex Finnair hulls 1998 vintage re config to EI standards Flight deck ACL and EI cabin crew start routes Oct 13

peacock1
1st Mar 2013, 21:54
No contract signed = many details can change.
Many, many details.
Including who flies 'em

fade to grey
2nd Mar 2013, 14:16
call me crazy, but I think they will need a core of B757 rated ETOPs experienced captains to get this off the ground.

I don't think they can get this internally.

Smellybeard
6th Mar 2013, 12:47
Why?
Why is this happening?
Is it a capacity reduction move? Are the A330s being freed up for a lease to a distressed 787 customer?

Aerlingus231
6th Mar 2013, 16:56
No reduction, capacity is being added by this move, the A330 based in SNN will be replaced with 2 757s, each to operate JFK and BOS daily (an increase in capacity). This freed A330 will then go to Dublin and operate from there, with rumours of a service being re-launched to SFO with the freed A330.