PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Baggage allowance ?

GrahamO
28th Feb 2013, 19:14
Economy it says 30kg .... "Economy Class customers can check in 30kg"

Then for cabin baggage, a single item in Economy not weighing more than 7kg.

Never having travelled 'heavy' and always having carried very little, does this mean that the total allowance is 37kg or is the 7kg part of the 30kg ?

It'll be LHR to DXB if thats relevant.

TIA

NZScion
28th Feb 2013, 19:41
Cabin baggage is not checked baggage. Checked baggage is the bags you check in. EK give you a 30kg checked baggage allowance, plus one cabin bag weighing no more than 7kg.

GrahamO
28th Feb 2013, 19:50
Very many thanks

ExXB
1st Mar 2013, 08:10
But I would be careful putting 30kg in one piece (or going over). Some airports / ground handlers won't accept it if it is too heavy.

And it's probably not good for your back either.

GrahamO
1st Mar 2013, 19:31
Good hint - I would naturally split it across two bags but thanks for the reminder.

givemewings
3rd Mar 2013, 13:24
And if you're a Skywards Silver or Gold you get even more allowance...

Good for those times when the wife shops too much... ;)

Rail Engineer
3rd Mar 2013, 14:15
Remember as well that some bags are not capable of carrying 15 or 20kg. Typically you will have a side handle attached to a thin bar or sometimes paperboard frame which will distort unpwards when you put the full allowance weight in. Sometimes the handle will be secured directly to the side by means of studs.

I find that any bag at 20kg and above will usually be marked as "heavy" at the checkin desk.

As has already been pointed out you would be better advised to split the weight between 2 bags as manouvering even a 20kg bag quickly tires you out when transferring or when moving it around as well as being a bugger to lift and manouvre