PDA

View Full Version : Skytest preparation software

futureaviator
28th Feb 2013, 18:57
Hi fellow aviators,

I found several preparation softwares for pilot aptitude screenings. I think this (http://www.skytest.com/SkyTest-Preparation-Software-for-UK-Pilot-Aptitude-Screenings.htm) could be the one for me. Has anybody tried it? Is it worth of 70€? My biggest concern is about giving my credit card number for a company that I haven't heard before.

PigeonVoyageur
1st Mar 2013, 03:53
Hi futureaviator,

Skytest is good for Eur70. It requires a joystick and rudder pedals (recommended but not mandatory). You'll just have to get the one that will help you in the future assessment (i.e. Compass, Pilapt, DLR). However if you don't know which type of test is being used by the company/school you are going to, then you'll have to choose one of them. Even if the test is not the same, you'll find that practising these tests will help you sharpen your mind. However, as I said in another post, if you don't have the aptitude, you can do all the tests on earth, you'll be none the wiser.

If you search hard and have a lot of time, you'll find a lot of these psychometric, maths, physics tests on the internet, but what Skytest (or the other ones) do for you, it's that they package these tests in one easy structured interface where you'll find all of them.

I have purchased the Compass one and had no problem in using my credit card. The company is a serious one. They send you your activation key in your email, you just download the software and activate it.

Have a good time (specially with the cube folding exercises :p) and good luck :ok:

hvogt
1st Mar 2013, 11:39
Skytest have been around for some years and they definitely have made a name for themselves in their field of business. I once bought their software and I feel it might have helped me, although, as PigeonVoyageur mentioned, I might have passed the test anyway. While I can't tell whether their software is worth 70 EUR, I can at least say they won't rip you off completely. So, as long as you're the type who doesn't mind paying for something in advance, I wouldn't worry about giving them your credit card number.

Should you, however, plan to prepare for the DLR test, I would advise you to keep in mind DLR will provide you with free practice tests. I found these more than sufficient.

PigeonVoyageur
1st Mar 2013, 14:35
I forgot this one - if you are still wary about using your credit card directly, you can also pay by using Paypal

futureaviator
1st Mar 2013, 15:27
Thanks for your answers! I think I'll buy it. In my region, FlyBe Nordic is maybe the biggest employer in the future and I bet they use same aptitude tests as Flybe. Flybe is included in the UK- software. :)

I took the IPAS test and scored quite well. However, it's very brief and short. Due to my quite young age, I think I could improve the results at least a bit with practise. :)