PDA

View Full Version : You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment

G&T ice n slice
27th Feb 2013, 11:12
Oh dear, foot & mouth disease?

'Disabled children cost too much and should be put down': Bizarre rant by councillor to disability charity | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2285190/Disabled-children-cost-Bizarre-rant-councillor-disability-charity.html)

green granite
27th Feb 2013, 11:21
In the old days obvious ones were quietly smothered at birth and the death certificate said "still born".

Slasher
27th Feb 2013, 11:21
With a mug like that the good Councillor looks like he needs to be put down himself!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/27/article-0-1851F859000005DC-393_306x400.jpg

Actually he looks a bit of a perve doesn't he.

rgbrock1
27th Feb 2013, 12:56
The Austrian corporal and his henchmen used to do similar: anyone with a handicap was labeled unfit and sent off to one of those camps.

The councilor in question would probably look appropriate in a long black trench coat. Standing near a public park with little kiddies running around.

Lon More
27th Feb 2013, 12:59
Slash beat me to it.

Looks like he may have an alcohol prolem as well

SpringHeeledJack
27th Feb 2013, 13:04
In practical terms all damaged humans should be liquidated, it's all so simple really........except we are more than just logically driven beings, we have emotions, a sense of right and wrong, a conscience and so on, except for those with no empathy (autistic, narcissistic, sociopathic et al). Without doubt many disabled babies and children were euthanised in the past, I know of one lady who believes her father did so to her severely disabled younger brother at 2yrs of age. Whilst we're at it (euthanising) what about all the millions of psychologically damaged , physically healthy people ? What about all those oldies ? Where would you draw the line ? Maybe one day the 'Bladerunner scenario' will become reality.....:uhoh:

SHJ

Solid Rust Twotter
27th Feb 2013, 13:09
Maybe one day the 'Bladerunner scenario' will become reality....

What, surprise you while you're on the bog?:eek:

Edited to add: I believe OP attended an athletics meet last night. Apparently the ladies powdering their noses almost crapped themselves when the starter's gun went off.

Krystal n chips
27th Feb 2013, 16:54
I was always told that the hallmark of a leader was to lead by example...

" Whilst we're at it (euthanising) what about all the millions of psychologically damaged , physically healthy people "

I have several nominations in mind for a trial of this concept, some from work, some of the more rabid contributors on here...and all UKIP / EDL / BNP / Conservative voters and supporters...plus bankers, those in the financial sector, recruitment "consultants", a few "celebs" and all professional prima-donna footballers and supporters. An annual culling of Tories would be the equivalent of the "Glorious 12th".

I feel the above would offer a random sample in statistical terms and also a cross section of society to conform with equal ops.....:E

rgbrock1
27th Feb 2013, 17:14
Krystal wrote:

I was always told that the hallmark of a leader was to lead by example...

Most assuredly. But there is another hallmark of a leader: he or she is only as good as the people led.

ricardian
27th Feb 2013, 18:27
With a mug like that the good Councillor looks like he needs to be put down himself!
He bears a remarkable resemblance to Sir Les Patterson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Les_Patterson)

500N
27th Feb 2013, 18:37
ricardian

Is that a good thing :O

I fink Sir Les has more class :O

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/06/18/les_narrowweb__300x449,2.jpg

gingernut
27th Feb 2013, 22:30
Some of the most cheeriest, and in some ways productive people I've met, have come up through the ranks of our local Special school.

I'm a little suspicious about the story source though:)

sisemen
28th Feb 2013, 03:19
An annual culling of Tories would be the equivalent of the "Glorious 12th".

For myself I would prefer a daily roundup of the lefties - perhaps a permanent "Friday the 13th".

One tries to leave things better than what you found it.

Vive la difference

MagnusP
28th Feb 2013, 07:28
It appears that he's at least had the decency to resign.

Krystal n chips
28th Feb 2013, 09:03
" the decency to resign"

I suggest you have, quite by accident, produced an oxymoron here with the use of the word decency being perceived as being applicable to his personality.

goudie
28th Feb 2013, 09:10
I've Got a Little List - The Mikado - Gilbert and Sullivan - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1NLV24qTnlg)
(Ko-Ko:)
As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list — I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed — who never would be missed!
There's the pestilential nuisances who write for autographs —
All people who have flabby hands and irritating laughs —
All children who are up in dates, and floor you with 'em flat —
All persons who in shaking hands, shake hands with you like that —
And all third persons who on spoiling tκte-α-tκtes insist —
They'd none of 'em be missed — they'd none of 'em be missed!

(Chorus:)
He's got 'em on the list — he's got 'em on the list;
And they'll none of 'em be missed — they'll none of 'em be missed.

There's the banjo serenader, and the others of his race,
And the piano-organist — I've got him on the list!
And the people who eat peppermint and puff it in your face,
They never would be missed — they never would be missed!
Then the idiot who praises, with enthusiastic tone,
All centuries but this, and every country but his own;
And the lady from the provinces, who dresses like a guy,
And who "doesn't think she dances, but would rather like to try";
And that singular anomaly, the lady novelist —
I don't think she'd be missed — I'm sure she'd not he missed!

He's got her on the list — he's got her on the list;
And I don't think she'll be missed — I'm sure she'll not be missed!

And that Nisi Prius nuisance, who just now is rather rife,
The Judicial humorist — I've got him on the list!
All funny fellows, comic men, and clowns of private life —
They'd none of 'em be missed — they'd none of 'em be missed.
And apologetic statesmen of a compromising kind,
Such as — What d'ye call him — Thing'em-bob, and likewise — Never-mind,
And 'St— 'st— 'st— and What's-his-name, and also You-know-who —
The task of filling up the blanks I'd rather leave to you.
But it really doesn't matter whom you put upon the list,
For they'd none of 'em be missed — they'd none of 'em be missed!

You may put 'em on the list — you may put 'em on the list;
And they'll none of 'em be missed — they'll none of 'em be missed!

tony draper
28th Feb 2013, 09:10
A lot of the intelligencia and arty farty crowd in this country thought along those lines not so long ago,remember Eugenics more or less kicked off in the UK,some of the chaps Sausageside got their ideas from the likes of H G Wells and DH Lawrence,,lovely chaps who thought with remarkable prescience that the unemployed and unemployable poor should be herded into underground chambers and gassed.
:uhoh:

Tankertrashnav
28th Feb 2013, 10:05
This guy was on the local TV news last night. Unlike a lot of thieving, cheating councillors who've been in the news in recent years he was man enough to face the cameras and make a total and unequivocal apology for his remarks, saying he wished that if he could expunge one day from his life it would be the day he had made the remark. That of course wasnt enough for the witch hunting mob, who wanted blood, which it would appear they have had.

My wife, a retired midwife, one of the gentlest and most caring people I've ever met, has nevertheless said that over many years working in special care baby units she often wondered if they were doing the right thing trying to save the lives of babies which multiple disabilities who not many years before would have died at birth or shortly after, thus condemning many of them to a life of pain.

Slasher - why dont you stick to what you're good at, ie posting pictures of tits, rather than giving us your unqualified opinion of what a perve looks like? Similarly Lon More - what does someone with an alcohol problem look like?

airship
28th Feb 2013, 12:20
There's something which perturbs me even more than the councillor's abhorrent outburst perhaps. Which is that according to G&T's Daily Mail link at the start of the thread, it's quite clear that the councillor's remarks were originally made in October 2011:
Ms Court said: 'I was absolutely horrified anyone would make such a depraved comment, let alone a Cornwall councillor at a public event.
'As far as I was concerned, I had a duty to make a formal complaint against Councillor Brewer to seek appropriate justice.'
Her charity had a stand at an information event in Truro in October 2011. She was on hand to tell councillors about the issues they face and the work they do with parents of children with special needs.
Mr Brewer approached the stand, where there were parents of disabled children, and asked what the charity did. According to Ms Court he said that children with special needs cost too much money.
Fortunately, she added, none of the parents heard his comments.

Why is "all coming out now, 16 months later...?! :confused:

I'm not sure to what extent local councils have to finance health care etc. in their communities. Presumably they are responsible for at least some services, the costs of which are non-negligible. There may well be some mitigating circumstances for the councillor's outburst in this sense.

You can download a copy of Disability Cornwall's latest annual report here (http://www.disabilitycornwall.org.uk/images/stories/pdf/annual_reports/Annual_Report_Signed_2011_12.pdf). As some of you already know, I'm no great fan of most charitable institutions, believing that most such organisations in general tend to overly concentrate on accumulating substantial reserves over many years, instead of rapidly disbursing donations soon after receiving them. Not forgetting all the salaries and costs of the charity itself. Unsure how Diasability Cornwall fares generally...

Ignoring the distasteful subject of eugenics for good hopefully, it is perhaps worth talking about 1st World modern society's general disposition to coming to the aid of everyone in any scenario, almost totally regardless of the costs and/or viability of the treatments and quality of life aspects etc. :uhoh:

KAG
28th Feb 2013, 14:28
Maybe he went to see 300, the movie, and was impressed how to build warriors: throw away the weak or mishape babies... :eek: