PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Club HKG

gweillo
27th Feb 2013, 03:53
Hi everyone, Are there any of the old school (late 80's to early 90's) around who recall the Winchester Club in Hong Kong. I was unfortunate enough to have a financial interest in it. However some great times were had there with expats based in HKG and crews on layovers.

slayerdude
1st Mar 2013, 21:39
Try threads in fragrant habour.... Not much on hkg in sea thread

italiancheeze
6th Feb 2024, 08:52
Hi everyone, Are there any of the old school (late 80's to early 90's) around who recall the Winchester Club in Hong Kong. I was unfortunate enough to have a financial interest in it. However some great times were had there with expats based in HKG and crews on layovers.
Hello,

I haven't been in this site for many years. I was watching some english drama tv shows recently and remembered the name The Winchester Club which was close to the Mariners Club in TST
I was a Flight Engineer with Cathay Pacific from 1986 to 1998 and my old mate Col Rutherford got me to sign up as a member. I seem to recall that we got a members number and we donated our epaulettes to the bar. Col lived in the New World Appartments so was a regular. I would love those days again
I am sure that one of the owners was a gentleman named Bob Delissa, but can't recall the names of the other owners

My best mate Col sadly passed away on the 22/12/23 in Melbourne. We had some great times in that establisment..

I don't remember when the place closed but PPrune showed up when I did a search for the Winchester Club, a nice surprise.

Kind regards,to all my old CPA and ASL aviators over the years

Italiancheeze

Union Jack
6th Feb 2024, 10:14
I see no Hong Kong (https://www.minder.org/locations/loc_winchester.htm) Sorry, I don't know if there was ever a link, and obviously no reciprocal membership, but I couldn't resist but just had to compliment the OP on this outstanding thread revival.:ok:

Jack