PDA

View Full Version : BA CEP here I come!!!!

Charlie-130
18th Apr 2001, 21:02
Got the call a couple of hours ago. I've got to go to Gatwick to have my BA medical. That's all I can say - I'm slightly ecstatic at this moment in time. I'm off to the pub.
Thanks for all your support Wannabies, you're the best.
LORI I've sent you an email but I'm praying you're through too.

wtpurser
18th Apr 2001, 21:07
Charlie-130,

Forgive me for being ignorant but I take it that you have gone through the final board day ? How was it and how did you think you did before you got the all important life changing phone call ?

WT.

left outer, right inner
18th Apr 2001, 21:46
Well what can I say to that C130!!

CONGRATULATIONSCONGRATULATIONS
CONGRATULATIONS

Still waiting myself. This is the most nerve racking thing I have ever experienced in my entire life.

Please stay in contact and we will soon see I guess whether I shall be joing you young sir! (Could you have a little word please? hehe)

All the best mate, and drink one for me too!

LORI http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

[This message has been edited by left outer, right inner (edited 18 April 2001).]

tunneler
18th Apr 2001, 21:53
Big up massive repseck to the C130 boyeeee!

Well done pal - hope to join you soon!

B

grace
18th Apr 2001, 23:21
all the best charlie you must be ecstatic
hang in there LORI I'm sure it will be good news when it comes
me I'll be back again banging on BA's door next year...you win some you lose some
hope everyone else had better news than me and the best of luck to anyone who's still waiting on an answer
grace

Irishboy
19th Apr 2001, 02:57
Get up ya boyh ya. Well done!!

Hope to see you up there someday if/when I make it!!!

Pielander
19th Apr 2001, 03:01
Congratulations C130 :)

Sorry to hear about you Grace http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif At least I'll have some company for the second wave next year :). Don't give up. I don't suppose you're going to the wannabes seminar, are you?

LORI - Think nice thoughts... Think nice thoughts... Think nice thoughts... Think nice thoughts........ :) :) :)

Pie

left outer, right inner
19th Apr 2001, 13:18
Thanx guys for the comforting thoughts.

I have been told that the wait could be another month or so, so heres to the lovely long wait....... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

I think I am going to melt with the prospect of another long wait.

C130, I hope you have the hangover of all hangovers hehehehe :) :) :) Congratulations again and again and again.......

A still slightly hopeful,

LORI

Mister Geezer
19th Apr 2001, 14:27
Don't worry about the long wait LORI. I think they are saving the best until last! :)

Please let me know when you get any word.

MG

------------------
Don't land in a field or the sheep will eat the aircraft.

left outer, right inner
19th Apr 2001, 14:40
Heh it's Mr Geezer in the house!! :)

How are ya mate? Have you started at oxford yet? Tell all!

I would like to join you very much http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

LORI

Teroc
19th Apr 2001, 16:51
Well Done Charlie. Good to see another wannabe through.
Let us know how you get on.
T.

Token Bird
19th Apr 2001, 17:03
Token Bird is sad to report that she has been heartlessly rejected by BA for a second time. I have now got the message and won't be bothering them again.

I am not too sad, there's still the Air Atlantique sponsorship that I'm going to apply for later in the year when I have the hours. Congratulations C-130, and LORI, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Grace, sorry to hear about your rejection. Make sure you nag them for feedback so you can improve yourself for next year (like I obviously failed to do),

T'Bird

great expectations
19th Apr 2001, 17:50
Hey Mate!!

What can I say??? Im absolutely over the moon that the news is good - but I must admit I did think it would go your way. There's just something about ya that is very likeable! Anyway, I went for my medical last week and that was quite an experience! Do watch out for the doctor who talks about Rio and has a photo of his Ferrari on the wall... Nice guy but I did slightly cringe at having to get naked in front of him. :0
I really am so excited for you! And Im excited for me because ending up on the same course as you would be great fun I reckon. Congratulations and check your e-mail! xxxx

RevStar
19th Apr 2001, 19:58
Great Expectations et al,

Congrats on getting through as well - mail me at some point - I'm trying to get in contact with as many cadets as possible b4 we head out - if you're on SpeedBird 9 or 10 in WMU, I'll probably see you at LHR (in July?).

Use [email protected]

RS.

PS Agree about the naked bit! - but respect for the doc's Ferrari.

Pauliejet
19th Apr 2001, 21:56
Congratulations on getting on...just a quick word to LORI, hang in there, some of our guys got told in two days, some in 3 and a half weeks, and that's official. and Token Bird, don't necessarily throw in the towel just yet (unless age is the issue!). I know people who got in on their fourth attempt. different interviewers, change of company emphasis...a lot can change in a year, and that I know from personal experience. Best of luck to everone waiting..

PJ

Mister Geezer
19th Apr 2001, 21:59
To those who have got through well done. LORI hang in there and as I said let me know when you hear. My fingers are crossed for you. Token Bird don't feel down about it all. You will get there in the end so chin up and keep me posted about your next step. I like your idea about Oz so let me know how that goes!

LORI to answer your question - well I am off next week but I hope you will be joining me! :)

Regards to all

MG

------------------
Don't land in a field or the sheep will eat the aircraft.

Punkboy
19th Apr 2001, 23:59
LORI-good luck mate my fingers are still crossed and I still have confidence.

Charlie- congratulations!!!! hope you are now in detox for the medical.

Great Expectations- glad to hear that the medical went well, did you have a good trip?

RS- I'll be on Speedbird 9, WMU 18/7/01,
Check you e-mail!

All the best

Punkboy

great expectations
21st Apr 2001, 14:32
Punkboy and RevStar,

Great to hear that you have both been told about your courses so quickly! I still don't know anything really - how long should I expect to wait? I still havent had my certificate through from the CAA - but I am just wondering when I can expect to go and where I can expect to go! Punkboy, when did u hear?
As for you Charlie, you have obviously spent way too long in the pub cos you havent mailed me back! Ground calling you, C-130!

Punkboy
21st Apr 2001, 17:42
GE E-mail me

Punkboy

Charlie-130
21st Apr 2001, 19:35
To the lady herself, GE.
We'll, I'm back down to earth and on the case. GE, don't worry too much about the CAA - they're slow even though they're there purely to milk every penny from pilots. Mine took about 3-4 weeks to come back.
Right, I'm off to get super-fit for my medical at BAHS in 10 days (hhhmm, that might be tough!?!?).

great expectations
22nd Apr 2001, 14:24
Punkboy....

Tried your e-mail and it just came back to me undelivered. Will try again but just in case it doesnt work, let it be known that I did try!! xx

Punkboy
22nd Apr 2001, 17:06
GE- Don't worry it is known!

If it does not work again then try

[email protected]

Cheers!!

Punkboy