PDA

View Full Version : Brighton City Airways

rob39
24th Feb 2013, 14:27
Any news on how ticket sales are going for the new service, flying from Shoreham to Paris Pontoise from March 6th

tarnehat
25th Feb 2013, 11:31
Going by their website, it looks like they're sold out on the first day and the upcoming Friday, with seats available on other days. Less than 1.5 weeks until launch too.

Does anyone know which Let 410 they're going to be using? I haven't seen one in Brighton City Airways except a mock up on the website

25th Feb 2013, 12:25
The site refers to Van Air. If that is correct they also operate services under the Manx2 banner........for example in/out Blackpool and a couple of times a day Gloucester to/from Ronaldsway [and occassionally Jersey]. Listen out for a "Eurovan" callsign. I work these regularly and they seem pretty switched on.

Phileas Fogg
25th Feb 2013, 13:33
Now it's three threads on a tin pot puddle jumper operation in/out of Shoreham ... Not even the likes of BA, Virgin, Frog Air, Luftwaffe, KLM etc. etc. etc. receive this amount of attention!

davidjohnson6
25th Feb 2013, 23:31
Mods - would you perhaps be kind enough to merge this thread with the other main Brighton City Airways thread ?

tarnehat - it is certainly possible that some flights are fully booked over a week in advancefor midweek in March. Have you considered another possibility - namely cancellation in advance because of low bookings ? I have no information as to whether either reason is correct and can only speculate as an outsider. I base this possibility on what I observed with quasi start up, OLT Express last autumn.

Phileas - a brand new plucky airline is so much more interesting than a big monolithic megacarrier...