PDA

View Full Version : University or Flying training? 2013

MontrealYul
23rd Feb 2013, 19:05
Hi, this is my first post here but I've been reading you for quite a long time.

My dilemma here is whether I should attend a 3 year program now to obtain my CPL or go to university. My goal is, of course, to fly the big jets one day. Apparently, most companies require pilots to a university degree? Should I get a degree first and then get my CPL or the other way around?

I applied to university in accounting for next year BUT I still have a week left to apply to flight school . I've always dreamed about becoming a pilot, like many others here. Here in Québec, I could obtain my CPL license for less than a 1000$. What is keeping me from pursuing this career is the low amount of jobs. I look across the career section of different Canadian companies every now and then and I realized pilot jobs rarely appear. Do many pilots end up staying at the regionals with a crappy pay all their life because it's almost impossible to work for a major airline?

Thanks!

aircanadaA320
24th Feb 2013, 01:32
Flight school.

You live in Canada right? Join Monconton Flight College!

Jumpwire
24th Feb 2013, 18:35
Fastest way into the airlines would be with a degree especially in Canada.
Why don't you look out of province at the Colleges which give you a degree and flight training. If I wasn't finished my degree I would have went into the Seneca Jazz Cadet program. :cool:

MontrealYul
25th Feb 2013, 00:25
Is there any university in Canada affiliated with a flight school??

shamrock125
27th Feb 2013, 23:05
Hi all, just looking for some speculation on the big question... To go to University, get a degree, and then commence flight training? Or to go straight into the world of work, earning the funds for training.