PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Military Re-location

Napole
23rd Feb 2013, 10:32
I was wondering what the feeling was on the street about the recent rumours that Scottish Military ATC was closing down at Prestwick and re-locating to Portsmouth at the end of this year?

Lima Juliet
24th Feb 2013, 00:18
Never understood why we have 2x FIRs for such a small area anyway these days. Makes sense to me to move it all to Swanwick...

HEDP
24th Feb 2013, 01:46
First stage in extracting assets south of the border......

alisoncc
24th Feb 2013, 10:20
Any expectations that we will do the same as when we pulled out of Aden - trash the joint? :D

Bob Viking
24th Feb 2013, 13:25
Would anyone really notice?!
BV:E

denachtenmai
24th Feb 2013, 18:55
Just an observation Napole, Swanwick is not Portsmouth:yuk:
Regards, Den.

PPRuNe Radar
24th Feb 2013, 20:04
Any expectations that we will do the same as when we pulled out of Aden - trash the joint?

As Scottish Military are lodgers in a civil unit (in which they pay to lease space and equipment under a NATS/MOD contract) you might end up with a big bill :p

OutlawPete
24th Feb 2013, 21:14
Not really Bob. Thats pretty much what we'd expect.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

Finningley Boy
24th Feb 2013, 22:36
Any expectations that we will do the same as when we pulled out of Aden - trash the joint?

The one thing which has always reassured me about being British is the sense of unity. When English people are ignorant and poorly informed enough to regard their fellow countrymen in the same light as a completely alien far away foreign culture and one which was indeed an occupied land, supposedly of lesser beings, rather than indigenous people of the same land brought together through a long overdue agreed act of union, then what can one say! Except, it has always been most apparent to me that it is the English who fear the loss of the prestige in being British, once Scotland gains independence.

FB

P.S.

As for pulling out of Aden, just who do you think it was that stuck his Bloody neck out to try and retrieve some of the reputation of the British Forces which apparently far too many Englishmen both in the Middle East and in Whitehall were clearly more than happy to dismiss, rather like the shower that are selling the UK to the first bidder today.

Bob Viking
25th Feb 2013, 00:20
FB
Someone touched a nerve have they? Is it the inbred inferiority complex rearing its head again?
BV;)

rab-k
25th Feb 2013, 01:51
Rumour has it that it'll all be gone by the end of this year.

As for 'feelings on the street', very much depends on who you ask...

Topjet
25th Feb 2013, 02:09
Music to my ears being a North sea controller. No more pedantics for the Newcastle arrivals via tendo anymore when LJAO take over. :ok:

AR1
25th Feb 2013, 04:02
In these modern times of high speed data im suprised its not been moved to India.