PDA

View Full Version : Yet another change.

tubby linton
23rd Feb 2013, 01:00
Why do the owners of this site keeping changing the running order of the forums?
I don't think that the new PPrune worldwide deserves to be under the headline block. After all if you read that section you probably only read the part of the world you are interested in, and why doesn't it contain a British section?
Finally after all these years why isn't there a flight sim section?

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd Feb 2013, 03:52
Finally after all these years why isn't there a flight sim section?

R&N have their fair share.:E

notrocketscience
23rd Feb 2013, 04:58
To be honest, it now looks better-organised. OK, I got a surprise when I logged-on, but everything that used to be there is still there, but in a different order. No big deal: just scroll down until you find your old favourites.

sitigeltfel
23rd Feb 2013, 05:07
R&N have their fair share.:E

And they drone on about it in the Military threads ;)

Arm out the window
23rd Feb 2013, 05:48
Yes, harrumph, I've had to change my habitual scanning pattern when opening the site, not on I tell you, where do they get off these upstarts, changing things willy-nilly as if there's not enough upsets and uncertainty in the world these days, where will it all end??!

Sprogget
23rd Feb 2013, 06:54
First world problems eh?

SpringHeeledJack
23rd Feb 2013, 07:21
It would be nice (courteous) if these changes were mentioned beforehand to the users, or am I asking too much ? :hmm:

SHJ

Hobo
23rd Feb 2013, 07:26
It would be nice (courteous) if these changes were mentioned beforehand to the users, or am I asking too much ?

I think you'll find they did.

...and why doesn't it contain a British section.

...maybe because they might have to amend it if Scotland is cast orf.

Helol
23rd Feb 2013, 07:54
It's akin to moving the furniture around at home - for a change.

All forum administrators/owners do it from time to time - I used to.

Breaks the monotony I suppose...

Sprogget
23rd Feb 2013, 08:20
Brings out the whingers with nothing better to do I suppose...

Edited for accuracy.:)

Sunnyjohn
23rd Feb 2013, 08:23
I think you'll find they did.
Where, please?

Hobo
23rd Feb 2013, 08:50
Where, please?

Sunnyjohn, there was an announcement at the top of Jet Blast, where the current one, regarding post responsibility and anonymity, is, about a week ago saying this change would take place (IIRC) on night of 22/23rd.

Wholigan
23rd Feb 2013, 09:57
The notice was at the top of all forums.

tubby linton
23rd Feb 2013, 10:55
I have been on a West African dial up connection for a while and I didn't see it.

mike-wsm
23rd Feb 2013, 13:21
Actually it's very useful because if you are being victimised by a really bad mod it takes him longer to track you down....

....oooops.!!!! :\

Wholigan
23rd Feb 2013, 13:51
That's three times!

(One more and I go public!) ...

Dushan
23rd Feb 2013, 13:58
Just wait until they decide to go to vBulletin 5.0 version of the software. Then you'll know the meaning of "true change".

After six months on another board that upgraded I still cannot find stuff and my eyes hurt from pastel colors, fancy icons and pictures, and general idiocy of the new "modern" look and feel.

El Grifo
23rd Feb 2013, 15:26
Is it known, or can anyone tell me who actually owns Pprune these days ??

No probs. Found it !!

Hellman & Friedman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellman_%26_Friedman)

pigboat
23rd Feb 2013, 17:05
Doesn't Hellman & Friedman also make mayonnaise?

DX Wombat
23rd Feb 2013, 17:22
The Aussies and Kiwis must be very confused as they are now up in the Northern Hemisphere of the board. :E

TWT
23rd Feb 2013, 17:49
They are now Up Over rather than Down Under.

El Grifo
23rd Feb 2013, 17:50
if it were only that simple pigboat :eek:

Hellman & Friedman (http://www.hf.com/)

tubby linton
23rd Feb 2013, 19:21
How do the site owners decide about these changes? I have been lurking about this site for years and nobody has ever asked me.

Quizling
23rd Feb 2013, 20:29
How do the site owners decide about these changes?

With seventeen Managing Directors, all having to justify their existance, Mr. Linton............... :{

radeng
24th Feb 2013, 11:20
Yet another example of people confusing 'change' with 'progress' or 'improvement'.

Helol
24th Feb 2013, 11:32
Dushan - The colours and lay out have nothing to do with a software update, it's the administrators who decide on 'the look' of a forum. The variations are endless...

By the way, vBulletin (IMHO) is very very good, it's flexible and allows administrators to do all sorts of 'things', and no I don't work for them.

El Grifo
24th Feb 2013, 11:47
Of course the owners have nothing to do with the changes or layout of the site.
I was interested in who the owners were, just in case they may have had influence in what was allowed and what was censored on the site.

I came away a little wiser :ok:

Sunnyjohn
24th Feb 2013, 20:49
Thanks, Hobo. I've been so confused about where to find my favourite forums that I didn't see it!

Dushan
24th Feb 2013, 22:06
Dushan - The colours and lay out have nothing to do with a software update, it's the administrators who decide on 'the look' of a forum. The variations are endless...

By the way, vBulletin (IMHO) is very very good, it's flexible and allows administrators to do all sorts of 'things', and no I don't work for them.

In principle, yes, but apparently the newest version of vBulletin has a completely new set of "skins" and the old ones no longer work. The worst part are the fonts that are very hard to read.

Have a look at this, which used to be exactly like PPRuNe, except in different colors. Now it is a mess.

CGN (http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/forum.php?)