PDA

View Full Version : Cargo Lion, The Phoenix arises??

alapt
22nd Apr 2002, 18:27
I have heard from a friend, who heard from a friend that heard from......... that a new "Cargo Lion" was to arise shortly from the grave yard! New operator using the old 8"s to start. Might be based in Oostend
Ah rumours, don't they keep us going......

Caribou 2
24th Apr 2002, 12:13
Great, the return of another 8 - more work........ex-LUX would be better though...........

blowawayjet
24th Apr 2002, 17:19
heard the same, but beepee had enough of them diesel 8's, he's going for 747's, that's what i heard....also heard some fague rumour he's got this vip operation going out of northern africa, using a diesel 8. also heard that some of the ex cargoclown crews are flying it.......:D :D :D :D

OO-AOG
25th Apr 2002, 06:33
Is that this Global Cargo Airline project with 742F and 744Fs, based in OST... ?

ifonly
25th Apr 2002, 08:45
Blowawayjet

A company called Jetline Inc are advertising for VIP DC8 crews
operating out of Africa - could this be the one ?

blowawayjet
26th Apr 2002, 21:18
heard that jetline or whatever they call them self, is another xxxx xxxxx enterprise. he's the mastermind behind it all. also, heard that the airplane will be based in ost for some vip operation instead of northern africa.these are all rumours and can't confirm them.....maybe alapt knows more on this?

Please No Names Required!

Stratocaster
27th Apr 2002, 17:53
Some lucky folks from Cargolion are indeed busy (kind of) with a VIP ops out of Libya, but I doubt BP's in it. This Diesel-8 flies only for her owner, I don't think she has the necessary paperwork for charters and things like that.

Considering the current cargo market, and TNT putting up to 5 744F close to OST (and LUX of course), I would be surprised to see a new freight operator in that region. Not impossible though, but quite surprising.

Wait and see !
:)

JJflyer
28th Apr 2002, 15:47
DC8 is P4 registered and is indeed working on government contracts around western africa. They fly heads of states around. Same company has a few BAC111's doing same stuff in the region.
I know that there are some ex Cargolion hands flying the Diesel 8.

Cheers

alapt
4th May 2002, 12:26
Well "blowawayjet", I'm like you......just hear them floating around.....Nothing new to report except that the tomb stone is one year old. I'm with you know who, doing you know what!! Remember the "Tilapia" Regards