PDA

View Full Version : Irish 'nuns' caught drinking

rotornut
22nd Feb 2013, 15:18
lol:

BBC News - Pub owner fined after Irish 'nuns' are caught drinking illegally (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21534215)

Erwin Schroedinger
22nd Feb 2013, 17:21
Bit of a harsh fine.

Surely it would have sufficed to give the landlord a gentile warning not to make a habit of it.

Hydromet
22nd Feb 2013, 21:11
I suppose the wimp'll get away with it.

Windy Militant
22nd Feb 2013, 21:18
Nothing New!
Jake Thackray .. Sister Josephine - YouTube

Fox3WheresMyBanana
22nd Feb 2013, 21:47
3 'Hail Mary's and 2 'Bloody Mary's

FLCH
22nd Feb 2013, 22:31
let's hope nun of them get into trouble, its black and white that they weren't in the habit of doing this on a regular basis.

G-CPTN
22nd Feb 2013, 22:36
his pub was raided twice in one night:-

The officers first came in to the pub at about 01:45 BST, 45 minutes after closing time and found 30 people dressed as nuns.

Their second visit was at about 04:10 BST, when they observed 21 'sisters' still at the bar.

bluecode
22nd Feb 2013, 23:18
Several comments here. One it's Kerry, things are different in Kerry. Very different.

The other was the fact that the first raid was at 1:45. Really the publican should have got the clue. The second at 4:10. The cop was really saying 'Leave it it out'. Search youtube with that that term!

As for real nuns, which those guys were not. They don't have the habit anymore. I know this because I married into a family of nuns and priests unlike my own Godless family. Nuns don't wear the habit anymore. For some reason the dress in mufti and drive Nissan Micras. So they're pretty easy to spot.

Things have moved on a bit.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
23rd Feb 2013, 00:11
I strongly suspect that the publican failed to offer the Officers a drink on both occasions for this to make it to the media.

When I lived deep in the country, had the cops turned up at my local at 1:45am, they would have found the landlord in bed and us serving ourselves. The only things dressed in black and white would have been the 3 labs and 2 collies (3 of which would have been on the beer also).

pigboat
23rd Feb 2013, 03:43
When Irish nuns are happy,
All the world is bright and gay.
But when irish nuns are drinking
Sure they'll steal your heart awwwyyyyy.

UniFoxOs
23rd Feb 2013, 09:46
I know Kerry is in a different time zone socially, but BST??

UFO

Hobo
23rd Feb 2013, 17:00
Were they playing darts, and after two double tops, did the third dart bounce off the wiring and kill one of the nuns?

If so, the immortal line could be uttered:

"One nun dead and aaaaaaaateeeeee".