PDA

View Full Version : MCC course ??

Mr_ATPL
22nd Apr 2002, 16:20
Hi Everybody...

I have finished my JAR/ME/IR and want to do the MCC course, but dont know where to go...

Please comment, anything is a step in the right direction.

THANKS, :)

easondown
22nd Apr 2002, 16:39
Try London Guildhall - I did my MCC there a few years back and was very happy with the service and price !!

3 Point
22nd Apr 2002, 21:24
I went to Multiflight at Leeds a year ago. Nice people, good simulator and good value!

Good luck!:)

foghorn
22nd Apr 2002, 21:32
Ditto Multiflight - very good sim and good value.

Having said that I'm now simming at London Guildhall to keep my currency and they seem a good bunch.

AMEX
22nd Apr 2002, 23:12
Did mine at Multiflight and also managed to renew my IR on the sim at the same time with Alan Calder. MCC was as cheap as anywhere else but the real saving was in the IR.
Worth it and on top of that there is a really nice pub Alan can show you ;)
Experienced people and no money grabbers

Needmorecash
23rd Apr 2002, 00:15
I was told to do an MCC that was the cheapest possible, by an airlines chief pilot.
At the end of the day its another hoop to jump through to get a job, it's not a pass or fail course.
You will be put through it all again in the sim on the type rating course of your first airline job.
London guildhall was the cheapest I could find, but I believe Multiflight in LBA price match.

PorcoRosso
24th Apr 2002, 10:02
Have done mine at 4 forces, Heathrow. I don't know if they are still in business, but they were cheap, and the MCC Course was really interesting :)
Look for "discount" MCC advertisement in aviation magazine, and go for the cheaper. That's just a line on your resume.
Some people tends to go for MCC on 737 Sim or HS125 ...What's the point ? I don't think any airline recruitment manager will confuse a MCC with a Type rating.

Even the cheapest MCC is too much money out of your wallet !;)

The Real Slim Shady
24th Apr 2002, 11:07
Mr ATPL,

I have MCC training course theory in Powerpoint format. If you let me have an email address you are welcome to a copy.

The Greaser
28th Apr 2002, 10:09
Although many people say the MCC 'is just a tick in the box' (god how many times have I heard that) I would recommend finding somewhere that does the sim side of it in a 'real' jet simulator rather than just an FNPTII. Multicrew training in Bournemouth use Tristar sims and the experience is worth the extra few hundred quid IMHO.

Good Luck

Wee Weasley Welshman
28th Apr 2002, 10:44
Go for the cheapest possible but if its only a couple of hundred quid then a real sim it better than a FNPTII. I have many hours using a reasonable FNPTII and its good enough. But the feel of a heavy jet type with motion is a worthwhile experience if the premium is small.

It might be the tiny advantage you need when it comes to sim ride day...

Professor Fog
28th Apr 2002, 11:03
Anybody know about the AQC course offered by CTC ??

It appears to be much more expensive than a reqular MCC course but is done on a 737 sim ...

The Greaser
28th Apr 2002, 11:06
The AQC at CTC is an MCC course plus an extra 5 days of advanced handling. The cost is about 5500. If you go through the ATP selection then at the end of the course you go into a pool from which several airlines select.

AMEX
28th Apr 2002, 12:12
If for "couple hundred quid" extra you get to do it on a full motion sim then why do it. Do it the cheapest and most efficient way. As I said above the MCC and renewal was conducted by Multiflight. The renewal itself cost me no more than £140 (can't remember the exact amount) including the sim end examiner's fee (it was arranged during the course BTW). That's where the real saving is compared to a full scale one.
Keep current and save your couple hundred quids for later. When the day come for you to have a sim ride/interview then use the money saved to:
-Use Andy Mattock's trident (did it and it worked for me)
-Get a deal through the unemployed pilot register at LGW to use one of GECAT's sim. Good if you know you will be "simming" on a 125 for example.
Or if you know the sim ride will be conducted on a FRASCA (correct me if I am wrong but I think KLM used to do that) then find a place who have one and practice what you know about the profile.

I really think you should make the most of your MCC course by learning something from it so even if it looks like a tick in the box, who knows,it might be useful some day...
But It's your money so spend it the way you like (and I can see why a 1011 sim can sound good;) ) and all I am saying is that perhaps a better timing and more trageted use of those "couple hundred quid" can make the difference later, bearing in mind that going on a full motion sim today is unlikely to be helpful tomorrow (talking for wannabes not for guys who need to keep current on type of course).
Things are turning around so let's get ready for it.