PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Pilot in Emirates

neverfifty
20th Feb 2013, 19:21
Hello everyone ... I'm a female student in Dubai. I go to a CBSE school.
I didn't pass my high school yet.....but i am interested in aviation ... its my dream to become a pilot .. and i'm only 15 & an indian. I have some questions
i've heard that only emarati nationals can join emirates airlines.. so is that true?
and what are the requirements to become a pilot? is there any specific mark limit or percentage to go into this thing? And is aviation really tough? Is it necessary to opt for mathematics in 11th and 12th? because im not really a math student.
Anyone who wishes to answer my questions is welcome :D
Thank You :)

paco
21st Feb 2013, 05:30
i've heard that only emarati nationals can join emirates airlines.. so is that true?

No

and what are the requirements to become a pilot? is there any specific mark limit or percentage to go into this thing?

The Emirates closely follow the European standards, so you can expect 14 written exams - I don't know what the Indian standards are, but the standard will be slightly above High School-ish. In other words, fairly technical, but not too hard, but the problem is there is a lot of it.

Is it necessary to opt for mathematics in 11th and 12th? because im not really a math student.

I wouldn't have thought so - more useful would be a subject containing mechanics, i.e. basic physics. That would cover you for principles of flight and meteorology.

And is aviation really tough? It mostly depends if you have a positive attitude or not. There are certainly companies that emply females in the UAE - one of them on the VIP side.

Good luck!

BgVlad
21st Feb 2013, 07:37
Just to clarify few things for you.....

Emirates take only their nationals into so called cadet program. These guys and girls are than trained by the Emirates Airlines from the very beginning until they are ready to fly as co-pilots. Since this program is sponsored by the airline ( students don't pay anything apart from signing a bond) it's normal that its only opened for UAE nationals.
Saying this, any other nationality is more that welcome to join the company. However to join Emirates you must have required experience ( flying hours ). To get those flying hours required to apply you will have to fly for at least 3 years somewhere else ( considering you are lucky enough to get a job on big jets straight after your flying school which is extremely difficult ).
This is the situation at the moment. By the time you finish your high school and flight training things in aviation can change....for better or for worse.

To become a pilot you don't have to be super smart or to be math expert, but hardworking and determined. Airline industry is tough and the easiest part is the actual flight training.

I would recommend you keep math and physics as your subjects till the end of high school if you can, not because you gonna need that knowledge necessarily but sometimes there are international airlines that open their cadet programs for foreigners and usually they require high grades from those subjects.

Good luck