PDA

View Full Version : Information regarding money please/

tobster911
20th Feb 2013, 11:33
Hello all,
I was just wondering if anyone has any information and/or has been in the situation I'm currently in. I'll be leaving school next year, and am hoping to go onto study at CTC or OAA and become a commercial pilot, and have wanted to do this since I was about 3.
However, it is a huge cost, and, whilst there are loans available, I am unable to get one due to not being able to put the house up as collateral.
This is obviously a huge set back, and I was wondering if there's anyone on this site who has been in the same situation, and how they managed to pursue their ultimate goal.

Thank you

micro_burst
20th Feb 2013, 11:51
As far as I am aware the BBVA bank loan agreement with CTC requires a guarantee from a UK property. Your best bet is to contact the schools directly though and they will be able to provide you with the answer or put you in touch with the bank representative for the loan.

Remember, there is always the modular route you could follow too. It is much cheaper (~£50,000) and it allows you to work at the same time to help cover the costs. The government also offers a professional development loan up to the value of £10,000 to help cover course costs.

TizerTheAppetizer
21st Feb 2013, 10:37
Keep and eye out on the City & Guilds website, they're due to launch their scheme at the end of March. Not sure exactly what the scheme will be but you never know.

If you really, really want to be an airline pilot, get another job/career and start saving. If you really want it you'll work for years and years to save the money, like I have done.