PDA

View Full Version : Murder, without significance...

airship
19th Feb 2013, 16:04
Last Friday the 15/02, I saw a seagull "doing what a vulture will do" with what appeared to be a small pigeon carcass on the roof of a long-line of 5-6 garages owned by the local council.

My "interlocuteur" simply explained that many pigeons had been "nesting" inside these garages most recently. The council had arranged to block-off all entries to these ancient garages / buildings. I can confirm now that someone has indeed installed "pigeon-proof" grilles above and around the remotely-controlled garage doors. Separating the juveniles and their parents. Hence why the local council employees have been throwing out onto the roofs all the feable, but mostly dead young pigeons "to the enjoyment of all the seagulls" most recently. Presumably, their parents could no longer get back inside to feed them. :sad:

I'm no longer allowed to feed any pigeons chez moi (having been made aware of a 1980's "mayor's" resolution to that effect) and receiving threats from the agent representing the landlord by one of my neighbours who once complained...

But I think that the towns and cities involved (including Antibes, France particularly) should think about all the consequences of their summer tourists who innocently feed a few snippets from their jambon-fromage baguettes etc. whilst visiting their communes... ?!

Will the municipal police arrest them immediately? "Ah Monsieur, that's 2 bits of bread with jambon, the fine will be EUR 100 or immediate death for the birds by shot-gun, as you prefer...?!"

So many "insensitive jerks and idiots almost everywhere" these days. But one of our local and worst examples of local politicians recently announced his own resignation faced with all the accusations (http://www.nicematin.com/antibes/le-premier-adjoint-dantibes-presente-sa-demission.1083014.html). Hopefully, the mayor, Jean Leonetti, will not be far behind. It'll take at least 10 years, but perhaps afterwards, pigeons and the rest of us will be able to have a few years of relief... :\

Matari
19th Feb 2013, 16:54
What, nobody eats Pigeonneau in France anymore? What's that once-great nation coming to? Why, there's even a French poster on here who regularly lectures the rest of us on the evils of wine drinking, and the need for personal hygiene!

Mon dieu!

cavortingcheetah
19th Feb 2013, 17:44
François Mitterrand was rather fond of Ortolan.
3- A TABLE AVEC LES POLITIQUES - Vidéo Dailymotion (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31uyd_3-a-table-avec-les-politiques_news)

Milo Minderbinder
19th Feb 2013, 20:10
if you saw the shit and filfth that pigeons create in a building, then you'd well understand the decision to block them off
friend of mine recently had to clear out a loft that had been vacant for a few years - there was over a foot of droppings and mummified dead birds in there. The health risk to the people living there was considerable

feral pigeons are nothing more than dosease-ridden winged rats, and similar extermination procedures should be used, including (in my view) warfarin-type baits

you certainly would not be safe eating one
what goes in pigeon pie is a Wood Pigeon - a different country dwelling bird altogther

Slasher
20th Feb 2013, 04:25
Careful Milo - the ferals will be out to get you! :bored:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR20N1xC1UePRkhSss_kJL972IjQ2fX_KaWCU4r_r2 E6sttTT19rg

KAG
20th Feb 2013, 12:53
What, nobody eats Pigeonneau in France anymore? What's that once-great nation coming to? Why, there's even a French poster on here who regularly lectures the rest of us on the evils of wine drinking, and the need for personal hygiene!

Mon dieu! Alright I had a good laugh, I admit it...
2 days stucked center China in a hotel, but pprune is still here to make me smile hopefully...

Airship: Antibe? You live seaside? Lucky you!

Milo Minderbinder
20th Feb 2013, 16:23
"PPRuNe is still here to make me smile hopefully"
- and to take your mind off the hotel food.
Is that psittacosis with your pigeon stir fry sir?

Ancient Observer
20th Feb 2013, 17:05
How's the sliced pig's ear?

Tableview
20th Feb 2013, 17:12
feral pigeons are nothing more than dosease-ridden winged rats, and similar extermination procedures should be used, including (in my view) warfarin-type baits

One of the few sensible acts, perhaps the only one, of the bleeding Heath and Safety mob in the UK was to ban the feeding of the winged rats in Trafalgar Square, although I believe they may have done it for the wrong reason.

They are foul and pestilent vermin.

GrumpyOldFart
20th Feb 2013, 21:27
"They are foul and pestilent vermin."

The Health and Safety mob?